question about a dvs setup

Default question about a dvs setup

not quite sure how this would work out so i figured someone on here might know.

im think of switching over to traktor scratch pro, but i was wondering how other people control decks c and d. i have a vci, and i think it would be pretty cool to control c/d with my vci and control a/b with timecode/external mixer.

now for my question. is it possible to use a 2 channel external mixer plus tt's for a/b, all plugged into an A8 soundcard, and use the internal mixer mode and use the vci for c/d.

what im thinkin is the short answer is no. i feel like the only way possible for this to work is to use a 4 channel external mixer, and i can use the vci, but will have to use the external mixer for the volume/eq. (which may be a decent setup also, then i can use the vcis eq section for other things.. effects etc)

anyone use a setup like this and could enlighten me a little bit. thanks people

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The short answer is no.

The long answer is you can do this with a three channel mixer and use the volume controls for C&D, but not the crossfader, I believe. I know you can use EQ settings in External mode, but I think I remember reading that you can't use volume faders.

But you can't do a hybrid "Internal/External" set up. That I'm sure of.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

alright, well thanks for the answer, that was basically my question, can i have a hybrid setup. and that was the expected answer. so now im torn in between getting a second vci (and perhaps doin arcade buttons on both) or getting a traktor scratch setup and using my vci also but in external mixer mode. what to do what to do