• Deezer

0 0%
  • Rdio

1 8.33%
  • Other

3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Tech Guru

Default Battle of the Streaming Services 2013!

Here it is folks, what do you use and why!?

I currently use Spotify, used to use Grooveshark, but then moved to Spotify due to stability issues. Had my first experience using ContentUnlimited last night (VirtualDJ + GrooveShark) and it blew my mind, having seemingly every track ever at your finger tips, streaming into two CDJ-2000nexuses (nexi?).

I got my first taste of the future of DJing my friends, and it is GOOD. But this then lead me to a dilemna. I realised that Grooveshark has more songs than Spotify, or at least a more diverse selection, due to letting people upload their own tracks. This obviously meaning Grooveshark is wading through a legal grey area similar to MegaUpload, and this was partly what caused the instability the first time around.

Anyways, I'm using Spotify premium, and resorting to GrooveShark when Spotify fails me.

Also I heard Deezer has way more tracks at a better quality but from a quick search I couldn't find anything unique on it.

ALSO Track quality is a big thing, a lot of sources say Spotify and Grooveshark are low quality streams, but if I play a track on Spotify vs the local file which I know is 320, they are identical. I also found the same with Grooveshak, but the issue there is that people upload lossy 128 files to it, but I think Grooveshark makes an effort to remove the low quality files and keep the bitrate high.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Wizard

Rhapsody
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    Denon MC6000, Dual HP laptops, EV LIve X tops and sub.
    Technics 1200mkII

Default plug.dj

Just stubbled over http://plug.dj/

had quite a night with http://plug.dj/sunday-funkday/

Dont know if you can stream or just upload af set..?