Traktor F1 vs. Maschine Mikro MK@

Default Traktor F1 vs. Maschine Mikro MK@

So i'm wondering if I should get a Maschine Mikro MK2 or a Traktor Kontrol F1. I already have a S2, but want to add color and energy to the set. Thing is on the f1 you can only play one sample per slot. I wanted to do something similar to Basskleph's "Incredible" performance (check it out if you haven't already). Anyways if anyone knows if there will be maschine/traktor integration soon or if they will please tell me what is the right choice and if midi clock sync is worth it

I think you can map the maschine to control the remix decks. though, there's mapping for the traktor f1 in ableton that you can play clips simultaneously. if you are into finger drumming, why not check out the midi fighter.

It would be a waste of money to get the maschine makro if you are only going to use it as a midi controller.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

If you're planning to use the Maschine Mikro solely as a controller, then save a few bucks and skip the MK2 and pick up a MK1 used. You can usually find one on ebay without the software going for between $96 and $110. Especially now with the release of Maschine Studio, alot of folks are selling off their old units to help pay for the new.

Tech Wizard

I agree with arsman. I have Maschine and and F1. I use the Maschine to make beats on the side and sometimes as a midi controller in Traktor. You need decide what you want to do. I like to buy controllers that serve multiple purposes so I get more bang for my buck!

If you eventually want to get into production then the maschince mikro might not be such a bad idea since it comes with maschine 2.0update (If bought brand new). You could then find a mapping for the remix decks online and your good to go.

I you want to use the Maschine software, you should get a Maschine. Otherwise, there are better pads out there for less money. If you need to use remix decks, F1 is a solid choice, but the pads are a bit small for a Bass Kleph - style performance.

Tech Wizard

After watching the "incredible" video that Basskleph did on the maschine is easily "do-able" on an F1.
    its just a matter of sampling the right beats to perform the carnage & borgore track "incredible"

As a matter of fact that performance is almost what the F1 was designed for. Creating your own remix on the fly.

Ok...I found a few mappings out there for mikro that do remix decks/cuepoints/effects in traktor. Another question i have is if I plug in a maschine with a traktor mapping into my laptop, can i plug in my s2 as well and have that work normally?

The F1's buttons are difficult to drum with.

its not actually velocity sensitive or made for finger drumming.

its made for launching remix clips. although i have tried to drum with the f1 but it felt wrong.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story