The Midi Fighter Twister ideas thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

1. sorry didnt know that yeeey
    2. u dont need so much room for it squeeeezeee
    3. yeah exacty just some kind of swap ability would definetly be wery usefull, so how many patterns can you save ?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Guys,
    There are 12 patterns accessible from the pattern selector knob, we don't allow you to re-arrange the order that the patterns are in but we do have a memory bank page, this gives you 16 memory slots, each memory slot will save the volume, filter setting, sound, and pattern for all four clips. From this page you can save and delete patterns and also jump between them seamlessly. So I think that should hopefully achieve what you want

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hey Guys,
    There are 12 patterns accessible from the pattern selector knob, we don't allow you to re-arrange the order that the patterns are in but we do have a memory bank page, this gives you 16 memory slots, each memory slot will save the volume, filter setting, sound, and pattern for all four clips. From this page you can save and delete patterns and also jump between them seamlessly. So I think that should hopefully achieve what you want
    Sounds impressive. So basically there's four memory slots in each bank or we can configure them the way we want?

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hey Guys,

does this mean you have 12 patterns per slot or 12x16 patterns per slot ?
    so if you call up memory slot 3 for instance, does it change the parameters for all 4 slots ?
    how will it handle loops ?

12 different patterns. These are not unique to each slot, however you can choose which pattern is being used for each slot, and any edits to a pattern on a given slot will only apply to that slot.

The memory bank is 16 memory slots, there is only one bank of 16 slots.

So yes when you call up memory 3 it will change all four slots.

Loops don't have/need any special handling, the remix deck already handles these nicely.

I'm pretty new to this thing, so I apologize if the answer to this question is obvious.

Is it possible to map a knob to the crossfader, and set another as a browse function?

It would be cool to use this as an portable, simple 2 channel mixer, with EQ and volume control for decks A and B, a crossfader, browse, and an assortment of effect/filter knobs.

I'm new to this thing, so I apologize if the answer to this question is obvious.

Would it be possible to map one of the knobs to the crossfader, and set another as a browse feature, maybe with the side buttons as load deck A and load deck B?

I think it would be cool to use this as a portable, simple 2 chanel mixer with EQ, volume, crossfader, browse, and an assortment of filters/effects.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey, the functionality you have mentioned would be least that twister can be mapped for.

Another cool feature would be controlling LED ring types via settings channel for more intuitive mapping.

How about a melodic step sequencer?

Same principal as the drum sequencer, except you would either have to have a set of one shots with the notes of a scale (ascending in a single column), or just one set of one shots in the first row of cells and have the Twister change the key value for the cell to make different scales. Kinda like the Push scale mode. You could have major, minor, harmonic minor, blues, etc. Have the scale start on the root note in the first column, the third in the second column, the fifth in the third column, and the 7th in the fourth for easy chords.

So instead of changing the cell in a column with the knob as in the drum sequencer, you would sequence the different cell triggers in a column if using a set of samples, or sequence the key change knob for different notes if only using the first row.

With different samples across the first row, you could have a horn section or string section for example. Or use the same sample across the row for piano/organ chords.

Remix sets of instruments/sounds in a scale would sound the best, but the key value would be super easy to do.

It would give people a reason to buy a second Twister.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 12-10-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Hey VanGogo

Unfortunately the only way to access the clip key settings is via the gui, or via HID. I wrote some MF3D firmware to test out this concept a while ago, but because of the way Traktor interfaces with the F1/HID it takes about 180 ms to reliably change the key value, this of course is no good.

Fingers crossed NI add a MIDI control for the clip key value soon!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast