TDJ and iOS 7

Thread: TDJ and iOS 7

Tech Mentor

Default TDJ and iOS 7

The NI forum is a barren wasteland so I'm asking here. Have they fixed the metadata sync yet? I want to update the OS, but need metadata sync. It's been over a month.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    The NI forum is a barren wasteland so I'm asking here. Have they fixed the metadata sync yet? I want to update the OS, but need metadata sync. It's been over a month.
    Nope

I can understand the frustration if you need it. I think it might be an apple security policy holding it back.

I don't use that feature though!! I was tempted and then decided it had a high chance of getting axed.

Tech Mentor

Bummer. Metasync is the only reason I got it.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    You clearly haven't been looking on the NI forum because I have been updating people on this very issue consistently (weekly).

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...29#post1225729

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You clearly haven't been looking on the NI forum because I have been updating people on this very issue consistently (weekly).

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...29#post1225729
    I saw it, but you seem pretty dismissive. The issue is far more than a "bug fix." I can't be the only one that bought the app solely for the purpose of track prep. It was one of the main features on launch.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I am never dismissive of such matters and after re-reading the posts I have made I am astounded that you come to that conclusion. I merely asked the users to be have some patience knowing as I do that NI are working with Apple to resolve it.
    The issue is unfortunately unresolved.

I would certainly agree that one of the major selling points was "track prep", NI know this which is why I stated (on the NI forum) that NI would not have disabled metadata sync if it was not essential. The last thing NI should have done is taken a risk with users metadata. Far better to suspend the feature than have it reek havoc and of that I am sure you would agree.

Tech Mentor

Agreed. Thanks for the reply.