Seeking Club DJs/producers with severe tinnitus for anthro study & interview

Default Seeking Club DJs/producers with severe tinnitus for anthro study & interview

Howdy everyone,

I'm currently working on an anthropological study about chronic illness for a class I am taking. I am a producer and have dabbled in DJing, and - when possible - love going to clubs, I understand how important hearing is in the productions and DJ processes, and how easily loud volume leads to ringing ears. I even have earplugs on my keychain because I am so concerned with my hearing. Given these interests, I really wanted to focus my anthropological study on interviews with club DJs and producers who are experiencing severe hearing damage from tinnitus. Tinnitus constitutes a chronic illness, and as Ean said last year is "life-changing."

I would be extremely grateful if some of you would be able to conduct an interview or two with me, perhaps over skype or over phone. I will have a more detailed consent form for you to look over if you would like to participate, but I do not intend to publish this information anywhere at the moment - only turn it in to my professor at the end of the semester. I do imagine that potential for such a paper, but cannot gauge how far I can take the study at the moment. You information can be anonymized if you would prefer to keep your identity out of the paper.

A lot of the material we have covered in this course concerns itself with anthropological conceptions of health, how biomedical structures affect treatment process, how illness narratives are created, different perspectives of a condition, broken down into illness, disease, sickness, and other viewpoints. I actually study political science, so anthropological interpretation is not what comes naturally, but because I am immensely invested in music production, and have been following DJTT for a very long time now, I just want to make clear that I will put great effort into making the best of this I can, and am genuinely interested in your stories.

PM if you have interest in participating, I would be happy to hear from you.
    Best wishes,
    Sasha
    Last edited by ajrindy; 11-04-2013 at 12:26 AM.

a friendly, two-day-later bump, if you all don't too terribly mind...

Im 21 and by no means have severe tinnitus. But I definitely have it, sounds above the 8K range really kill my ears and make the high pitched noise thats already there sound so much worse. Only on my right ear tho, left one is all good

PMing you now.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

What?
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.