Max/MSP - DIY plugins..
    Tech Mentor

Default Max/MSP - DIY plugins..

With the ahem, impending demise of Reaktor, i'm interested in possibly going this route - particularly with the integration with Ableton.

Anyone use Max/MSP for creating synths / effects?

Can you export synths into VSTi?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpress View Post
    With the ahem, impending demise of Reaktor
    The what?!

You can no longer make VSTs with the new edition of Max 5. This is possibly because of a secret project between Ableton and Cycling '74 that was announced about a year ago.

You can still make them with Max 4.6 however. There's also Pluggo, which is a retail premade set of great VSTs made with MSP.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    The what?!
    bit tongue in cheek, but based on the slight delay in actually announcing whether there will be a Reaktor 6 or not. The impression on the NI Forums is that NI will be concentrating more on their other products rather than Reaktor.

Gutted you can't export to VST in Max 5. Time for a rethink then. One of the things i like about Max is that you can build apps in it (like the livid looper thingie).

Interested to know what will happen with the cycling 74 / Ableton thing.

Anyone have any opinions on whether it's worth investing in Max or taking the plunge with Reaktor 5?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpress View Post
    bit tongue in cheek, but based on the slight delay in actually announcing whether there will be a Reaktor 6 or not. The impression on the NI Forums is that NI will be concentrating more on their other products rather than Reaktor.

Gutted you can't export to VST in Max 5. Time for a rethink then. One of the things i like about Max is that you can build apps in it (like the livid looper thingie).

Interested to know what will happen with the cycling 74 / Ableton thing.

Anyone have any opinions on whether it's worth investing in Max or taking the plunge with Reaktor 5?
    You could allways route your audio into MaxMsp using Jackdmp. Jack allows for some really interesting audio wiring, you could have audio going from
    Traktor -> Ableton -> Max/Msp -> Ableton -> Sound card out

Tech Convert

Default max 5

Thats a bummer about max 5 not being able to export vst. Max5 is amazing though. I can't believe anyone would even try and compare max to reaktor. Max fucks with my head, its like it has cross wired my brain into some kind of cross-modal synesthetic computer. So its easier to make a synth in reaktor but Max does amazing things man.