Installing Innofader (PNP) in DDM 4000

Default Installing Innofader (PNP) in DDM 4000

Decided to start learning to scratch but was stopped short when i realized the stock crossfader on my 5 year old ddm 4000 bled and crackled when held shut. Never noticed because i never use the thing. So went ahead and grabbed an Innofader so i could get on with it. There are no instructions on the Innofader website for this mixer other than the recommended height adjustment and the packaged instructions are somewhat ambiguous.

Looking for some guidance from someone who has done this before as i have no experience in this area. For starters, the connector to the stock crossfader is actually glued on. Is it necessary to disconnect this or do i disconnect the other end into the mixers board (seems kind of inconvenient to have to remove the entire face plate). Secondly which cable (4 pin large, 4 pin small, or 3 pin small) should i be using and is the the P&G cable necessary for this mixer. The "check" list seems pretty straight forward once everything is actually connected.

And for what its worth how do you usually like to adjust the fader as far as tension and cut in go. Im sure this is all preference but just for reference.

Thanks.

I pinged someone who might know. Stay tuned.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by they call me chando View Post
    Decided to start learning to scratch but was stopped short when i realized the stock crossfader on my 5 year old ddm 4000 bled and crackled when held shut. Never noticed because i never use the thing. So went ahead and grabbed an Innofader so i could get on with it. There are no instructions on the Innofader website for this mixer other than the recommended height adjustment and the packaged instructions are somewhat ambiguous.

Looking for some guidance from someone who has done this before as i have no experience in this area. For starters, the connector to the stock crossfader is actually glued on. Is it necessary to disconnect this or do i disconnect the other end into the mixers board (seems kind of inconvenient to have to remove the entire face plate). Secondly which cable (4 pin large, 4 pin small, or 3 pin small) should i be using and is the the P&G cable necessary for this mixer. The "check" list seems pretty straight forward once everything is actually connected.

And for what its worth how do you usually like to adjust the fader as far as tension and cut in go. Im sure this is all preference but just for reference.

Thanks.
    Hello chando,

From what I've seen, Behringer products usually have the connector glued on to keep it from falling off. This mixer has a 3 pin connector which should fit pretty easily on the 3 pin small cable. The P&G cable isn't used in this mixer.

Cut-in we set at the factory for about 1 1/2mm and low tension. Yes these are 2 points you can adjust to your preference.

Elliot

Cheers mate
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

You guys are the best. Thanks for the help.