Views on DJ's using Midi Controllers in Europe..
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Views on DJ's using Midi Controllers in Europe..

Whats crackin DJ TECHTOOLS!!!

So im movin to Sicily in a couple of months. Im here in Midwest America and totally stoked about goin across the pond.

So i have a question for the Euro Cats in the forum here.

What is the attitude toward dj's that use controllers? Im pretty sure each country is different, however any input would be amazing.

I currently run a DVS set up using the Pioneer DJM-T1 and 1200's. I have used controllers in the past (VCI-100 SE) and am looking at getting another. BUT... im curious if clubs are open minded about the use of external hardware connecting to their system.

Also, Im not one for peer pressure nor do I care if someone thinks Im a button pusher. Although, im curious about the attitudes of the DJ's in Europe as well.

Thanks Guys and Gals
    Thomas LEE
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Here in Holland they don't seem to care, but it could be diffrent in Sicily...

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

i can only speak for germany and my experience so far was pretty good. havenīt heard a bad word from a club i played at. maybe itīs some djīs who will hate but the bookers/promoters/managers i worked with didnīt really care what iīd use to entertain the crowd as long as i entertain them
    dunno how it works in italy, but i expect it to be the same
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

There are idiots everywhere mate.

That's like asking someone from Europe what their favourite Pizza topping (pineapple?) is.

what music do you play?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

That's like asking someone from Europe what their favourite Pizza topping (pineapple?) is.

what music do you play?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I think here in the US it's the worst, honestly. People here act like you aren't a dj unless your rig cost 5g.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

what music do you play?
    I play a little bit of each genre. Mostly (Darker) Tech House and Liquid DnB at the moment. I like to feed off of other DJ's and crowds and there choice of genre. Then dig and find my own style. hahahaha mostly turns out dark and grimy. So im pretty open minded.

And its Taco Pizza! you havent lived until you have had a proper toco pizza!
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Taco Pizza is damn good, but italian sausage and pepperoni wins.

In England we are fairly controller-friendly as long as no sync button is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

ahhh, but see, if you say that, is someone really looking at the control surface to see? Talk about trainspotting.. maybe they new term should be syncspotting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast