USB Turntable for sampling....yes? no?

Default USB Turntable for sampling....yes? no?

So I want to start sampling from Vinyl......

Whats your view on USB Turntables? Not for performance but purely for sampling from Vinyl.
    http://www.essbeedee.com

Where I work - www.juno.co.uk - "Worlds biggest online Dance music store. DJ Mag award for Best Record Store 3 years running."

Tech Guru

Depends on how good the analogue to digital converters (ADC's) are in these turntables and what kind of quality you want.
    You might want to do some google-ing on the quality of these. For high quality results I would probably go for any direct drive (Maybe a 1200 mk1 or any other vintage tech. Only recommending direct drive because they seem to be more reliable and simple to use, no belts etc) with a thick rubber matt and a Shure m97xe cart into an Audio Interface. Something like an Audio 6 would probably be high enough quality.

No. Absolutely not.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

No, I can't imagine the converters in the USB turntables to be any good.

Get yourself a decent turntable and USB phono stage.

Now if your only going to use it for sampling and not DJing, then best bet is to go down the route of getting a decent Hi-Fi turntable, something like a Project or Rega. Get yourself a decent Cart on it and sample away. I have a Project in my Hi Fi setup and love it, sound quality is amazing. The bottom of the range Rega or Porject can be picked up for less than an old technics, and the both have received brilliant reviews.

Either way avoid USB turntables.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus
    Either way avoid USB turntables.
    Church.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj