Hearing Test Results

Default Hearing Test Results

Thought I'd post my hearing test I had done for work on here along with some interesting findings.

When I play, I always have my headphones off my left and on my right ear and adjust cue volume to mix in a new track. Most of the time the right side is turned down so it more or less acts like a hearing protection. Turns out my left ear has experienced more hearing loss than my right. Nothing significant but noticeable in the test.

Was curious if anyone else has had tests done and what kind of findings they had?

I should probably go get my ears checked, kinda scared tbh, my right ear squeals like crazy, either a high pitch buzzing or a wob almost.. haah

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    I should probably go get my ears checked, kinda scared tbh, my right ear squeals like crazy, either a high pitch buzzing or a wob almost.. haah
    That ain't fun. I really haven't played on loud speakers more than a few dozen times and have no ringing as of yet. Just goes to show that they are easy to damage.

Tech Guru

My hearing is in a "normal" range...for my age. The issue is the high pitched ringing that I "hear" well above the frequency range where I can "actually hear" sounds with my ears. This is "tinnitus"...except it's not quite severe enough to qualify the the actual diagnosis.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

I need to get mine tested soon! My right ear isn't too bad, I've got a small amount of constant ringing but my left ear is bad. Constant irritating ringing and after gigs it always feels like there's something blocking that ear. I think it might be a wax build up and then when I put my ear plugs in it compacts but every time I go to the docs they say they can't see any problems.

If I'm honest, I'm putting off going to a professional.....
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

had mine tested a while back im about 2-4% lost.

I have the ringing, but also i have a thing where everything will just go quiet for a minute or so, like some one turned down the volume on my life to about half, then it will come back slowly.

weird....

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DeanOakley View Post
    I need to get mine tested soon! My right ear isn't too bad, I've got a small amount of constant ringing but my left ear is bad. Constant irritating ringing and after gigs it always feels like there's something blocking that ear. I think it might be a wax build up and then when I put my ear plugs in it compacts but every time I go to the docs they say they can't see any problems.

If I'm honest, I'm putting off going to a professional.....
    I used contact lens cleaning solution (3% peroxide) mixed 50/50 with warm water, and it unblocked both my ears very easily after leaving the solution in for a few minutes
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1
    I used contact lens cleaning solution (3% peroxide) mixed 50/50 with warm water, and it unblocked both my ears very easily after leaving the solution in for a few minutes
    I trust you. I don't usually take medical advice from t'interweb, but today I'm making an exception.

I'll try his when I get home.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

I thought there was something wrong with my Shure IEMs at first (no highs) but it turned out to be earwax. Sensitivity to high frequencies went up for a couple days, then things sounded normal again.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Somewhat related, I just got some custom ear plugs made and Im loving them!

-9db, -15db, and -30db filters.