vocal separator

Thread: vocal separator

Default vocal separator

im wondering what vsti's or plu-in that i can use in ableton to separate out vocals from music or vice versa?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's no one step way to make an acapella. Here's another thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...light=acapella There's also tons of tutorials on Google and youtube.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Default some plugins for you to try

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux#13 View Post
    im wondering what vsti's or plu-in that i can use in ableton to separate out vocals from music or vice versa?
    Here some plugins for you to try

http://vst.software.informer.com/dow...vocal-remover/

Tech Convert

With great difficulty. Computer technology cannot currently distinguish the difference between a vocal and instrument to just do it for you.

Their is a method where you can run the instrumental and the vocal version (if their is 1 of each!) and it will extract it, but I can't find the bookmark on the laptop! I'll keep looking.

if you have the instrumental version line it up with the original and invert the phase. that will cancel out all accompaniment note for note and you'll be left with just the vocal.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by strategicsilence View Post
    if you have the instrumental version line it up with the original and invert the phase. that will cancel out all accompaniment note for note and you'll be left with just the vocal.
    That's the 1!