Remove selfmade Beatgrid
    Tech Convert

Default Remove selfmade Beatgrid

Hi guys..

i saw yesterday the video how to make own Beatgrids.. after I did everything like in the video, the sync of two tracks are completly strange.. this wasnt before i did the grid.. now i would like to remove the beatgrid which I made. But ive already pressed the button "write to tag"

Is there anyway to get the "default" beatgrid of traktor back which it analyzed itself?

Thanks

Just go to grid cue point, press the lock button (which disables the lock) and traktor analyzed beats are visible again. Then write tags again. That should do the trick, though i can't verify this from work.

But better solution would be to get the beat grids to work perfectly. How did the sync become strange?
    Last edited by Aanrii; 08-12-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Tech Convert

Im also at work, will try it out at home.. i cant describe it.

Maybe its also a feeling that it sounds worse now.. but im sure, when i didnt set the beatgrid on two tracks the sync between them was sooo nice.. and now the bass of the 1st track is hitting completly different to the 2nd track i want to bring in

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You might want to try fine tuning the grids. They might not be spot on, and if it's slightly off it can throw the whole thing to hell
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Ya, you prolly wanna make the grids work, so that you have more accurate and consistent marks for laying cue points. I've found that like 98% of the time traktor can detect the grid pretty much perfectly. So, if u did a lot of tweaking when u were laying your grids, you may have moved them out of sync. Most of the time i just lay them on the first major down beat and just skim through it to make sure it looks right all the way through.

Tech Convert

Yea, thats the thing..i edited the grid, wanted to make it better.. but now its fucked.. and if sync it with the other track the syncbar is perfect but it sounds awful. and since i wrote it to the tag, i dont know how to remove it

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just remove the beat grid points and write it to the tag, again.

The beatgrids are really sensitive. Any little discrepency and everything sounds like shit.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Hi guys..

i saw yesterday the video how to make own Beatgrids.. after I did everything like in the video, the sync of two tracks are completly strange.. this wasnt before i did the grid.. now i would like to remove the beatgrid which I made. But ive already pressed the button "write to tag"

Is there anyway to get the "default" beatgrid of traktor back which it analyzed itself?

Thanks
    go to effects -> beatgrid -> look at the bottom of the screen, there is an activation button, press deck 1 or deck 2 button below the activation button -> enjoy your beatgrid !

Tech Student

press deck 1 or deck 2 button below the activation button in the effects beatgrid editor, it will makes it to default, and your beatgrid will be cool !

I beat grid everything manually and always use a control track - something that I know is spot on. Get the grid as close as you can the track you are looking to grid and then mix with it with the control track.

As you make manual adjustments to your track to keep it intime with the control track the phasemeter will extend left or right. Use the grid move icons to bring the phasemeter back to zero and you should have your grid.

I sucked at beat gridding to begin with - it was taking me 20 minutes to get each track right, now it's a matter of seconds.

Good luck!
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.