cheap mic to play around with vocals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default cheap mic to play around with vocals

hey guys. i got myself a stage mic lately to record some vocal samples to put them on my productions just to find out that i would need an amp in between to actually use it. so i brought it back to the store.

i either want a lower budget studio mic with amplification which could be used for actual voice recording (so the voice still sounds clean when played at 120db).

or i want a real cheap like 3,5mm or usb mic to just play around and then record the actual samples somehwere else on a good mic.

if you have any suggestions for either category i would be very grateful!

Hi, I'm not sure if you're on mac or PC but for mac this mic /sounds/ good.. http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2...ate_podca.html
    Maybe you want to read some other reviews (I don't have this one so I can't tell you) but it looks good..
    Or is this too pricey? I'm not really sure what you mean with 'low budget'

sounds good. thank you! how do i know wheter a mic needs an amplifier or not? i'd figure all usb mics dont?

No usb mic i've seen so far needs a pre-amp but it's always wise to check.. You can tell by the description. Google is your friend
    found this on the Samson website (manufacturer of the mic I posted earlier):
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson
    Seamless integration was the idea, and it was obtained by creating a studio condenser microphone that can be plugged into any computer with no in/out boxes, no expensive computer pre-amps, just a USB cable.
    Just look for the 'no preamp' or similar text

EDIT: good to know that condenser microphones need a power supply (possibly through USB) and dynamic mics don't need power
    Last edited by sj03w4t; 10-05-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: trouble w/ quote function :p + failed link

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    No usb mic i've seen so far needs a pre-amp but it's always wise to check..
    All usb mics have an inbuilt pre-amp

Best comparisons for mics can be found on http://www.humanbeatbox.net

Cool thing is, it also rates cheaper mics for 'best bang for buck' value.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Nice one Tekki, I'm in need af a mic as well

Thanks, still thinking to get one too and get back to my old hobby. (What's in that URL again? )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

do you have guitar hero or rockband? you can use the microphone from that its what i use in AB live,works fine spesh if you just wanna mess around

I use the Rode Podcaster mic myself. I guess it not that cheap but it sounds good and its is USB ready.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JM46FY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast