How to get the Promos??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default How to get the Promos??

I was wondering how to gat those tracks that weren't released yet but a lot of people seem to already have (at lossless formats). If I ask big DJs to be on their promo list, will they include me? how does this work?

Thanks
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

The big DJs playing the tunes that aren't out yet are the ones who get these promos, stuff that's to be released on their label, like Dubfire.

There are some pools you can somehow sign up to to have promos sent to you, you've really just got to look about, check out the social media accounts (twitter,facebook,soundcloud, etc) of DJs and producers that you like and see if you can hook something up.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Guru

Thanks bro!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

You will more than likely have justify why you should receive emails, if you talk to labels they'll want to know how often you play etc and where, as they don't want to send tracks out to just anyone.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Don't waste your time, mate. Any promo list that is worth being on will not accept you unless you are playing at festivals, or sold out club nights.

Promo lists are NOT a way of getting free tracks - they are an advertising stream for labels and artists.

Good luck to you, though.

Also - DON'T EVER pay to be on a promo list!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Also - DON'T EVER pay to be on a promo list!
    Ever ever, ever, ever!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

I was offered to join 2 promo groups/labels a while back, one through soudcloud,and the other one through my facebook page. I was offered to join them for free in exchange for playing them out, and giving feedback on the pre release tracks I was sent. I accepted them and then gave them my genre preference and artist info.

TBH some of the tracks are really cool and I still keep and play a lot of them, but there were and are a lot of shitty ones. I don't get many tracks probably around 4-5 a month, but its cool cos I get to hear and play some tracks that no other DJ in my area has. I don't know where you can find these guys/labels cos as I mentioned they approached me, but good luck bro!
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Guru

Why I shoudn't pay to be on the promo lists?

Don't ask and don't pay... Trust me on this one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Don't ask and don't pay... Trust me on this one.
    They will give me free lossless unreleased music aren't they? I 'm already spending a fortune on music, why shouldn't I pay more to have the best?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast