Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

So, I just found something kinda cool....https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-p...eadphones-test

I think their studio monitors test was interesting, and they definitely have one of the head-shaped reference microphones. So....if you're concerned about sound and are willing to guess on fit & comfort, these comparisons should help people who can't go out and compare headphones.

There's over 100 of them, including all of the ones I recommend. Unfortunately, it looks like aiaiai are missing, as well as some of the other popular DJ phones.

Obviously, you need speakers or headphones that you know well in order for it to really help.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    So, I just found something kinda cool....https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-p...eadphones-test
    Seems damn accurate, Sol Republic do sound like shit

Also, I just found this. It's a java-based (read: cross-platform) ABX/shootout software.

You still have to know how to run an ABX test, and if you're doing something like ranking monitors or headphones to decide what to purchase, there's some extra math involved that you have to do yourself. Still....it makes things easier.

Also, I just found this. It's a java-based (read: cross-platform) ABX/shootout software.

You still have to know how to run an ABX test, and if you're doing something like ranking monitors or headphones to decide what to purchase, there's some extra math involved that you have to do yourself. Still....it makes things easier.
    Very Cool Software, but looks more like A/B testing the likes of Wav Vs MP3 vs M4a rather than for testing monitors ?

Right. My last post before that one referenced a soundcloud link where some shop took the time to set up a pretty balanced-seeming shootout between about 100 different headphones using a very nice setup to be able to do it.

It's obviously not the same as actually testing them all, but it's all in once place.

The studio monitor comparisons they have seem good too. I got bored this afernoon and just did a little ranking/shootout of my own that was interesting....as in, I still need to hear them in person, but it changed what I'm looking at and might have saved me quite a bit of money.

I like my headphones flat. headphones that change the music are gimmicky. its that little blip at the start of each beat that i match with so I like my headphones to be clear. i here bits and pieces in the high but I mostly beat match with bass.

Tech Mentor

I think their studio monitors test was interesting, and they definitely have one of the head-shaped reference microphones. So....if you're concerned about sound and are willing to guess on fit & comfort, these comparisons should help people who can't go out and compare headphones.

There's over 100 of them, including all of the ones I recommend. Unfortunately, it looks like aiaiai are missing, as well as some of the other popular DJ phones.

Obviously, you need speakers or headphones that you know well in order for it to really help.
    So legit. Too bad it's orchestra not techno, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by drewjonn View Post
    Only the first track - the test goes though various genres, including electronic

Quote Originally Posted by drewjonn View Post
    I found my headphones in there. audio technica ATH -M40fs. got some jazz I think and some hip hop. they sound like one of the better ones. they are a few years old. all the soft material that covers the foam is worn off. bits of it would get on your head before it all came off.

Default IEMs - sound only on one ear

hello,

i recently baught RHA MA-750 headphones for mixing with my VCI-400. turns out, i only get sound on one ear. same when i connect the iphone headset. regular over-ear-headphone seems to work fine.
    btw: i use the RHAs with an adaptor 3.5mm jack to 6.35mm plug.

can someone please tell me if there is some kind of workaround to make my RHAs work, or how to tell if a IEM would work with my VCI-400? my next choice would be the vsonic GR07, but i fear i might encounter the same problem.

thanks in advance.

edit: solved. problem was the adaptor, which was only mono. if a plug has only one black ring, its mono awesome headphones i gotta say!
    Last edited by sixpool; 12-05-2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: solved

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast