Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by grim dimlight View Post
    i am now split between sol republic tracks hd deadmau5 and the sennheiser hd 25 sp ii for a pair of studio/dj headphones
    The safe bet would be the hd 25 sp ii. Can't really beat them in their class, they sound great and isolate really well. I would bet the sol republic headphones wouldn't come close sound quality wise at least.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

so i did more digging and now i'm split between the hd25 spii, the sony mdr v6 and the mdr-x10

Dunno about the mdr-x10's (they don't strike me a "DJ" headphones"), but the v6 are just great for the money. I've had my eye on them for a while...

The Sennies are nice too, but, they're on-ear. I hate on-ear. Fat head, you see...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

the mdr x10 aren't dj specific but they look like a quick fix you can beat down on

Tech Wizard

HD25s have my vote. Haven't babied my 1-IIs around at all for the past few years and they've tanked everything. Very straightforward somewhat neutral sound, soundstage is puny, light, comfortable, basically it does everything it needs to keep you straight focused on your mix.

I got a pair of VModa M100s for more daily use; sound is more fun/colored, soundstage is much nicer, but on the decks I honestly now appreciate how stupidly plain everything sounds on the HD25s. Not the nicest headphone imho for daily listening but extremely handy for mixing.

i love em too- but which they were sturdier for travel and packing- but i suppose its the tradeoff

i love em too- but which they were sturdier

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Seems damn accurate, Sol Republic do sound like shit
    Are the Sol ones really that bad? I know GrandMaster Flash uses these.. maybe he uses the top end ones?
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Convert

Was looking at the Audio Technica M40X for Djing as I'm wanting Flat headphones after using the AIAIAI TMA 1 for the last while. Realized I was missing too much of the mids where a lot of the synths and vocalists live. Rave reviews and the people who proclaimed to be DJs said they're great. Yea or Nay?

i'm split between the sennheiser hd 25 sp ii and the v-moda m80

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast