Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Hi everyone! My HDJ-500 headphones broke the other day, so I have decided to replace and upgrade next month.
    I can't figure out which ones that are the best for the money?
    I have been looking at the HDJ-1500 model, the sennheiser 25-1 II and Allen & Heath XD-2-53.
    So which ones plays the loudest, best and doesn't break anytime soon?
    I'm open to other suggestions! - Unfortunately just not the V-MODA M-100, because they're not available to buy in Europe

Tech Mentor

has anyone tried the sennheiser HD8 DJ headphones? I'm looking to get another pair of over ear cans and was wondering if theyre worth the $$$. I have the HD25 amperiors but they hurt my ears after a while. Probably due to how tight they clamp onto your head. This is a good thing when monitoring with one ear, but when listening to music for more then 2+hrs it gets painful.
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Sound Cloud : http://soundcloud.com/alexandercocar

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    They are not suitable for DJ'ing as they are open back headphones (lets outside noise in). A rotaing cup does NOT mean they are suitable for DJ'ing.

These are the 5 prime aspects I would look at to consider headphone suitable for DJ'ing:

• Sound Pressure Level - SPL.
    • Frequency response (normally 20hz - 22khz)
    • Durability - can they take knocks and still work
    • Comfort - they should be able to be used for long hours in a sweaty hot club)
    • Sound isolating - this keeps external noise from the main speakers out (not to be confused with active isolation)

Although some people also consider:

• Replaceable Parts
    • Rotating cups
    • Folding design
    • Coiled or straight cables

As you'll see from previous posts I use Sony MDR-7506's - these were designed back in the 80's, they fold, have plenty of flex for DJ'ing on one ear, loud, isolated, and super comfortable and the only thing I needed to replace in 15 years of severe abuse was the earpads. They aren't for everyone though and the individual should be the one who tests if they are the right fit for them.
    I'm looking to replace my headphones and these look like fun for a decent price. Does anybody else have anything comparable I could look at?

Quote Originally Posted by paradajz View Post
    Unfortunately, mine broke after two years. I bought new cable and simply soldered it. Also, I've replaced 3.5mm jack on replacement cable with 6.3mm one, since they're connected to my Audio 2 DJ 99% of time.

Attachment 23242
    hmm well mine are stashed in a cupboard somewhere. this might be worth investigating when i get some time, cheers
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

The HD8s are supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't seen them in store anywhere yet.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Anyone know where to find a 3.5mm male-female coiled cable? My Sennheiser Amperior's cable is bad and needs replacing. I'm currently using the cable made for phone usage (has the controls).
    Amazon or Ebay

Tech Guru

I'm thinking about picking up the ATH M50x's after my 2nd replacement set of TMA1's have broken... Would not recommend.
    Looking for something that will work for some semi accurate mixing and dj'ing so I think the ATH's should fit that role.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Tech Guru

They're not a bad choice. I really like my Amperiors, but I don't know if you can still get them.

For a while they were selling for like 120.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Schalenberg

Anyone have any experience with the Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-600s?

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-600s?
    I'd be interested in this too... they look nice. The Sony's mentioned above aren't much cheaper either.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast