Official Headphone Question & Discussion Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

I'm looking for a cheap DJ headphones suitable for a beginner. Which one do you recommend? So far I found Numark HF125 to be pretty decent and cheap, are theI'm looking for a cheap DJ headphones suitable for a beginner. Which one do you recommend? So far I found Numark HF125 to be pretty decent and cheap, are they the best bang for the buck?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by krneki View Post
    So far I found Numark HF125 to be pretty decent and cheap, are theI'm looking for a cheap DJ headphones suitable for a beginner.
    OK, so for-real $10-15 will buy you absolute crap that will last all of 10 mins - the Numarks are in NO WAY decent. Cheap yes, 1 out of two ain't bad I suppose

A word of advise that I wish I had been given 20 years ago.

No matter what stage of DJ'ing you are at, buy the absolute best quality, durable headphones you can possibly afford, even if it means waiting a month or two and expect to spend $80-100 on something that will last a few years of abuse.

Your ears, head and most of all wallet will thank you in the long term when you aren't buying new ones every 2 weeks because the last pair fell apart / weren't loud enough / drivers blew / jack broke / dog ate them etc ...

However if the money is burning a hole in your pocket and you absolutely need a pair now, the best durable , half-decent sounding sub $25 headphones I can think that would get you by for DJ'ing these days are the Sennheiser HD201's.

Tech Convert

Thanks deevey.

I could get second-hand Sennheiser HD515 pretty cheap, what do you think of those? They are meant to be for audiophiles, but are they actually suitable for DJ purposes? Do you know if they can be folded to only listen to them with one ear or are they too solid? How do I even know which headphones are good for DJ-ing, except for rotating cuff option?

Hey guys,

I just had a question, what do you think of the Pioneer HDJ-2000s? Good or Bad? Overpriced? Just interested!

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cups for Sennheiser HD-205? Europe only with shipping to Croatia.
    Shantea Controls - Custom MIDI controllers: Official | Youtube | Instagram | Tindie
    DJ Mixes: Psychill, Psydub, Dub | House, Progressive, Techno | Dubstep

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by paradajz View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get replacement cups for Sennheiser HD-205? Europe only with shipping to Croatia.
    Are HD-205 any good, would you recommend them?

Tech Mentor

Are HD-205 any good, would you recommend them?
    For me, they're amazing and would recommend them to anyone, I doubt you can get better headphones for the price.
    Shantea Controls - Custom MIDI controllers: Official | Youtube | Instagram | Tindie

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Thanks deevey.

I could get second-hand Sennheiser HD515 pretty cheap, what do you think of those? They are meant to be for audiophiles, but are they actually suitable for DJ purposes? Do you know if they can be folded to only listen to them with one ear or are they too solid? How do I even know which headphones are good for DJ-ing, except for rotating cuff option?
    They are not suitable for DJ'ing as they are open back headphones (lets outside noise in). A rotaing cup does NOT mean they are suitable for DJ'ing.

These are the 5 prime aspects I would look at to consider headphone suitable for DJ'ing:

• Sound Pressure Level - SPL.
    • Frequency response (normally 20hz - 22khz)
    • Durability - can they take knocks and still work
    • Comfort - they should be able to be used for long hours in a sweaty hot club)
    • Sound isolating - this keeps external noise from the main speakers out (not to be confused with active isolation)

Although some people also consider:

• Replaceable Parts
    • Rotating cups
    • Folding design
    • Coiled or straight cables

As you'll see from previous posts I use Sony MDR-7506's - these were designed back in the 80's, they fold, have plenty of flex for DJ'ing on one ear, loud, isolated, and super comfortable and the only thing I needed to replace in 15 years of severe abuse was the earpads. They aren't for everyone though and the individual should be the one who tests if they are the right fit for them.

Quote Originally Posted by paradajz View Post
    For me, they're amazing and would recommend them to anyone, I doubt you can get better headphones for the price.
    Mine took 4 years of thrashings before the cable finally broke
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Mine took 4 years of thrashings before the cable finally broke
    Unfortunately, mine broke after two years. I bought new cable and simply soldered it. Also, I've replaced 3.5mm jack on replacement cable with 6.3mm one, since they're connected to my Audio 2 DJ 99% of time.

P1010001.jpg

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast