How to sample audio from my Mac (Youtube, iTunes, etc) into Maschine

Default How to sample audio from my Mac (Youtube, iTunes, etc) into Maschine

This has probably been solved many times, but i don't know how to do it. I just want to be able to record/sample audio from my MacBook into Maschine. So YouTube, iTunes, and so on..

I have a Lexicon Alpha USB soundcard going to my monitors, (i have a NI Audio 10 also if its needed). And i downloaded the soundflower app a while ago, but dont know my way around it.

So, how would i successfully be able to sample any audio from my mac into Maschine?

Thankyou
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Mentor

id personally use audiohighjack over soundflower then import the resultant audio file into maschine

TBH I was wondering if there was a way to do it without having to record the sample and then load it into maschine, I was hoping for a way to just sample record it straight into maschine, directly. I know some people are using some kind of audio-loop with their soundcards, ill have to look into it further, if not ill just use a recording programme.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    TBH I was wondering if there was a way to do it without having to record the sample and then load it into maschine, I was hoping for a way to just sample record it straight into maschine, directly. I know some people are using some kind of audio-loop with their soundcards, ill have to look into it further, if not ill just use a recording programme.
    may have already found your solution, but here is a recent post from Maschine's facebook page:
    Macbook Pro // Traktor Pro // Xone DB4 // Xone K2 // Kontrol F1 // Maschine

Hey, thanks, but got it sorted now, found a cool little program that i can use to record anything on my mac, be it from iTunes, YouTube, internet, apps, etc. ANYwhere on my mac. So I'm just using that for now, and importing it straight into Maschine. Tho i would like to be able to just record straight into Maschine itself, i just wish i didnt have to do the soundflower nonsense. Cheers tho!

I'm still on 1.8 also!

Audio Hijack Pro https://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

I like rogue amoeba apps

Fission is also good for natively editing mp3s without re-encoding
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Yup, that's exact the app I'm using, Audio HiJack! Love it. So easy and sound is great.

I believe it records in WAV though, so I always have to convert the Audio HiJack recordings to mp3 before I can drag and drop them into Maschine, meh!

What? Maschine doesn't take WAV? I haven't got a maschine but surely it doesn't only use mp3??
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    What? Maschine doesn't take WAV? I haven't got a maschine but surely it doesn't only use mp3??
    Little confusion. What I meant was I can't drag and drop a WAV file straight into machine, only via actually importing it. I can drag and drop an MP3 file into Maschine, straight from my desktop, etc. Just not WAV :-(

But it does take both formats.

Mac owners have got it good.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj