Problems Syncing Traktor and Maschine
    Tech Wizard

Default Problems Syncing Traktor and Maschine

Hi pals, i bought a Maschine recently and i'm starting with it...

I play using Traktor in 4 decks mode, controlling it with a Traktor S4, also using it
    as a soundcard (normal using), now i also installed Maschine and i'm syncing both
    programs via midi clock using Traktor virtual output, like DJ Endo shows in his videos,
    everything works fine at the beginning, but after a few minutes, Maschine goes out of
    time, it seems to be that the midi clock isn't perfect, like a timecode or something like that,
    but when i see another djs playing in this way, they have not this problems, i've corrected
    the midi offset and both ticks are in sync, but after some time it don't...

Someone knows what can be happening?

I'm using a macbook pro i5, traktor s4 and maschine.

Thanks!!

The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Hey mate. I had this exact problem too, I followed Endo's tutorial video on how to do it, had it all working fine, but in the beginning it would only stay in sync for a few seconds, sometimes longer but it would always drift right back out of sync.

Don;t worry about this, it will eventually become tighter and say locked in, you just have to keep playing with it, re-pressing the sync button inside of traktor (the global section one), get a 1 bar loop in traktor, and press sync in the global section on the first beat/kick of the loop, and just see how long maschine stays in sync, program two claps or 4 hi-hats in the step mode of Maschine and just see how long it stays in sync, heck, i even turned the volume down and left the room while i was setting it up, just to see if it stayed in sync by the time i came back in. It's literally just a matter of playing around with the offset slightly, this does all depend on your setup too, soundcard/laptop/mac.

And its not just you, Endo told me once before that "even the big DJs like dubfire and Richie Hawtin have to re-sync 1 or more times during their set up. THe Traktor/Maschine MIDI clock sync'y stuff isnt 100% stable, so it takes some time to get it fully locked.

Please let me know if you do get it to stay, it should just slowly start locking in tighter and staying sync all the time, in time. For me this happened.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Guru

I would say that the midi sync is more trouble then it's worth. It's really inconsistent. I'd recommend just setting your Maschine tempo to match Traktor's and using the restart button on Maschine as a cue play button. If it's not in sync just tempo bend in Traktor. I was really hoping NI would include a tempo bend/nudge in Maschine 2.0. No luck

Tech Wizard

Thanks pals for your suport!!

I'm actually using it without the master tempo in auto mode, because i'd like to change the bpm
    during my sets, but even if i don't change it, the problem keeps on...

I've mapped the Sync button on global section to the "º" key on my keyboard so i can fix when it goes away,
    but se sequence restarts and it's freezed by a miliseconds until it restarts so it isn't the best option, i thought
    doing it manually RDEJ47 says but it isn't a good option when playing without sync in my decks (remember
    that i use to play with four decks), so isn't a simple option...

I'm now using the S4 soundcard for my 4 decks, and the built in soundcard of my macbook pro 8.1
    for maschine, then i route the built in soundcard to one deck as a live input in traktor, so i can prelisten
    to the maschine sound, because it also doesn't have prelisten built in, big mistake!

I hope you can help me pals!

Best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    Thanks pal, i've done it as it says, but the problem persists...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    There is a cue bus now, and it's really straightforward to beatmatch stuff either with the restart button or with the tempo (like riding the fader on your 1200s).
    That's right, you can bend using the pitch function, but i was hoping something really exact like sync between 2 decls in traktor... There is any solution for this trouble? I use a S4 and maschine, maybe sending midi clock via midi canle between both controllers like using 2 pcs? What do you think?

Tech Wizard

Yeah pal, i know, but which is the most accurate option? Any of this ways of syncing is more or less perfect?