The Beatslicer: What does it actually do??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Beatslicer: What does it actually do??

So I can't wrap my head around what the beatslicer actually does. I get that it samples a selection and intersplices it with whats playing in a particular pattern, but does anyone have anything else specific for it? I haven't been able to find a particularly useful application for it yet, but I have a feeling its got a ton of potential.

I've been having a go with it the last day or so and i've found it cool for making instant breakbeats.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yeah...also only messed with it a little.

Sounds about right Jester. Is there a way to control it more?

Anyone got any tips?

Ean??

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I've been keeping the effect amount quite low and just using the dry/wet to control it in chained mode. psy sounds awesome with breaks lol. more experimentation required tho! fun fun. have been busy re-mapping the herc and the imix to accomodate the extra effects slots and its taking ages ffs lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I find it a bit un-predictable, but thats probably because i need to practice with it some more.

Basically its kinda like the beatmasher - except instead of acting like a 4 bar loop that you can change the size of it cuts the audio into chunks (kinda like a slicer) then replays those chunks in different patterns.

I think practice is gonna be the key with this effect so you can better predict what the outcome is going to sound like - unless you like randomness, then just keep twisting the knob back and forth until your heart is content

mmm....thats what I found. Almost like glitch.

But more random.

Would be cool to have a little bit of control over it.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    mmm....thats what I found. Almost like glitch.

But more random.

Would be cool to have a little bit of control over it.
    If you want more control id recommend using like 2 or 3 beatmashers chained together:
    1 to capture a 4 bar loop
    the next to chop up the loop
    and the third to recapture the chopped up loop

Or take it into advanced mode and have a play to see if thats better suited to what you want.

Or, for more predictability, just stick with the beatmasher.

*tumbleweeds roll thru jestas skull*

Tech Guru

Hey guys a bit off topic but kinda on topic...If I updated my traktor to the new 1.2 is it stable with my VCI-SE TSI. I heard there were issues.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Its chill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast