Problems New Macbook Pro + DJM900 + Traktor 2.6.5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chelan View Post
    How are you liking your new Macbook so far? I hope your troubles are not related to Traktor and Mavericks specifically. I plan to pick me up one in the next week or so. Just trying to make up my mind on the specs right now.
    Hey, I'm skeptical right now as I stand, I think is very possible this laptop has got to me "to soon" regarding T2 and the DJM-900 drivers go. I use to have the late 2008 MBP before unibody that computer was awesome, best keyboard ever best screen finish ever "matte Screen" I had no gripes with it for about 4 years until I had to update from Traktor 2.5 to above and I have to change my OS from snow leopard "best OS on my opinion so far" and all my gliches started to the point I could not use Traktor on it running Mountain Lion, so I shot my foot. then I also had some Nvidia Issues that completely killed it.

Hence why I had been waiting for over a year for this release of the new retina. Strictly to Run my Set Up. I'm sorry if I gave you too much information. I'm just frustrated over this "abuse of technology" - My advice would be to wait a little longer and research on your options get full report of a working set up on your machine of choice, them If you wanna be productive with your set up. LOCK IT DOWN and do not update anything afterwards. its the only way to ensure it will keep it working for you.

makar1

I'll be posting pictures of my scopes tomorrow. sunday.

Thanks

Here is a Short screen capture of the Calibration process and how it Fails and how the scopes are looking like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkgOx...ature=youtu.be

I hope that helps

Thanks

Tech Guru

Your scopes look very noisy (interference), and the grounding error indicator came on briefly at 0:25.

Are all your devices connected to the same ground point?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Brainstormcrib View Post
    Hey, I'm skeptical right now as I stand, I think is very possible this laptop has got to me "to soon" regarding T2 and the DJM-900 drivers go. I use to have the late 2008 MBP before unibody that computer was awesome, best keyboard ever best screen finish ever "matte Screen" I had no gripes with it for about 4 years until I had to update from Traktor 2.5 to above and I have to change my OS from snow leopard "best OS on my opinion so far" and all my gliches started to the point I could not use Traktor on it running Mountain Lion, so I shot my foot. then I also had some Nvidia Issues that completely killed it.

Hence why I had been waiting for over a year for this release of the new retina. Strictly to Run my Set Up. I'm sorry if I gave you too much information. I'm just frustrated over this "abuse of technology" - My advice would be to wait a little longer and research on your options get full report of a working set up on your machine of choice, them If you wanna be productive with your set up. LOCK IT DOWN and do not update anything afterwards. its the only way to ensure it will keep it working for you.
    I am also currently running on Snow Leopard and have been pretty happy with it as an OS. I also want to update my version of Traktor (therefore needing a new OS), but more importantly need a new computer first with greatly updated internals. I want to just assume that because I get a new Macbook Pro with a new OS that everything will work great and Traktor will run smoothly, but I do have my concerns. As far as the retina screen goes, you're not experiencing any burn-in or ghosting so far?

I watched your video. Though I use TSP, I'm not an expert my any means. But from what I saw, my first guess would be cartridge or needle. I only say that because of the view of your scope on Traktor. Seems like there maybe a bad connection or it may need replacing - either the stylus and/or the cartridge.

Also, makar1 said something about the grounding indicator coming on. On one of my turntables this indicator is frequently on more then it is off. But yet I've always got both tables securely grounded (at least outside, maybe not inside the table). I don't hear any effects of this indicator being lit up though using TC or vinyl. Have you ever had problems with that before? Wonder what I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelan View Post
    I am also currently running on Snow Leopard and have been pretty happy with it as an OS. I also want to update my version of Traktor (therefore needing a new OS), but more importantly need a new computer first with greatly updated internals. I want to just assume that because I get a new Macbook Pro with a new OS that everything will work great and Traktor will run smoothly, but I do have my concerns. As far as the retina screen goes, you're not experiencing any burn-in or ghosting so far?

I watched your video. Though I use TSP, I'm not an expert my any means. But from what I saw, my first guess would be cartridge or needle. I only say that because of the view of your scope on Traktor. Seems like there maybe a bad connection or it may need replacing - either the stylus and/or the cartridge.

Also, makar1 said something about the grounding indicator coming on. On one of my turntables this indicator is frequently on more then it is off. But yet I've always got both tables securely grounded (at least outside, maybe not inside the table). I don't hear any effects of this indicator being lit up though using TC or vinyl. Have you ever had problems with that before? Wonder what I'm missing?
    Hey Guys, good news, N.I have sent me a couple of emails on my ticket, they sent me a script to run on my mbp and send them back. I should also probably contact Pioneer as well even though they don't have a driver and a firmware for the DJM-900 that is for OS 10.9 Mavericks yet and this issues may be important to them too.

I have seen a serato dj on youtube that posted very similar "static waveforms" running Serato on the DJM-900SRT. I was very intrigued buy it. I decided to make sure they know about this case and they were talking to about the need for a better co-operation between companies. intel - mac, serato - pioneer, Native Instruments - Pioneer.

I hope its going this way.
    Last edited by Brainstormcrib; 11-19-2013 at 04:29 AM.

I dont know as well man, I can say that I have tried to plug my mixer in a different outlet then the amp and the turntables. just to avoid an electrical loop but still.

I did used my gear before very seldom because when i got my mixer my 2008 mpb broke, that was, you know, not ideal.

Thanks

Interesting Chelan, maybe you would should give an example or tell me specifically what I need to do because I grounded the tt on the mixer.

Thanks

Tech Guru

does the timecode sound clean when you play it out through the speakers? Also when you life the needle is there any buzzing? it looks like as well as some interference one of the channels Left or Right is not fully there, or the phase is wrong…which would point back to the cart
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Mentor

Sounds like you are hopefully making progress with NI and hopefully it is not a compatibility problem on their end, but maybe a driver issue with your mixer?

As far as what you should do in regards to grounding, I was saying that I'm clueless in that area, because I ground my TTs to my mixer too, yet I still get a grounding indicator light on Tractor more often then not. My thinking was that you may have a cartridge or more likely a needle that maybe on the way down and need replacing. But that was only from seeing your scope view on the video. Also, like chriswoods said - might consider the TC vinyl could be worn out if you have been using it for a long time.

Hope you hear back from Pioneer and they can give you an update on the compatibility with their mixer and Mavericks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast