Problems New Macbook Pro + DJM900 + Traktor 2.6.5 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

From the scopes it looks more like an issue with the signal from the turntables, either worn needles/vinyl or interference from ground issues. The 900 drivers haven't been updated for years and they work fine for me on Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Windows 7.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Last night I got to spend another couple hours checking my mixer connections by sound passing from a different device other then using as a sound card on my mac.
    By using a jack to rca cable I plug in an ipod to the cd/line input to tests agains my headphones directly to the ipod itself tried every input on my mixer and found out that I had a grainier sound when listening thru the mixer I've also tried to apply some mild effects like echo and delay and I got a distortion with the echo like I was using "crush" the same artifacts on delay, very distorted spetially when twisting the time knob with it the echo on. I'm know it its not supposed to sound like this for a fact. it can't be that bad, so before I when ahead and buy a new set of needles I may ask.

Have you guys ever tried to do this before ? Can you check on the sound quality of your djm900 mixer when doing this?

I also used this jack to rca cable to plug the turntable into my headphone chances are my record don't sound so bad, and I may have to replace the needle but before I do that $ I'm more concerned with the DJM-900 being faulty somehow.

How else can I check? I put it thru another cable as well on the test mentioned as well same results.

Thank you

Tech Guru

I've never had a problem with sound quality with my 900. No distortion with effects either.

What mixer firmware are you on?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

based on your last post it might not be an issue with your turntable if audio signal is going through your mixer to your computer with a different device but with the same result then it might be your mixer or i could be totally wrong and its your needle
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Hello makar1

Do you use timecode vinyl with your mixer? are you using your CDJ200s w/ digital input, cd/line input or in HID mode?

please if read my next post, I think my mixer is faulty. do you experience any bad quality sound when applying an echo or delay, how about if you turn the time knob wile the effect is engaged ?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I've never had a problem with sound quality with my 900. No distortion with effects either.

What mixer firmware are you on?
    Ver 1.30 & Driver "djm-900 utility" is 1.3.0 How about you?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Brainstormcrib View Post
    Hello makar1

Do you use timecode vinyl with your mixer? are you using your CDJ200s w/ digital input, cd/line input or in HID mode?

please if read my next post, I think my mixer is faulty. do you experience any bad quality sound when applying an echo or delay, how about if you turn the time knob wile the effect is engaged ?

Thank you.
    I'm on 1.28 and have never had any bad sound quality on mine. CD Timecode works fine as do all the inputs and FX.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I'm on 1.28 and have never had any bad sound quality on mine. CD Timecode works fine as do all the inputs and FX.
    Hey Guys,

After sound checking the mixer with other sources of audio when I found those issues I still needed to be sure about my cartridges so I pick up a set of ortfon concorde and a new set of timecode MKII's. Although the timecode sound its clearer unfortunately still problems, I will post another video on the new results. but basically even though its a bit more clear the signal is mess up some other how and my previous post about the DJM-900 being broken is possibly true. How do I get it fixed? I'm going to ask Pioneer support. I'm pretty disappointed. I have not even actually used this mixer since when I got it almost 19 months ago, because my computer broke just about when I got my DJM-900 I had never figure it out.

good day to you

Tech Guru

If you are having problems with other audio sources and have ruled out problems with your speakers/headphones, it must be a fault with the mixer. Contact the place you bought it from to start with.

Tech Mentor

I know you hate to hear it, but it seems like you have exhausted every other option as far as trying to isolate the problem. Seems like you maybe correct in blaming your mixer. I just was under the impression that the mixer was working fine before you got your new MBP with Mavericks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123