Maschine 2 serial number

Default Maschine 2 serial number

Hi all,

I just upgraded from a Mikro to a Maschine Mk2. I have downloaded all the necessary but need a serial number for Maschine 2 to work, but I have nothing among my documentation. I am waiting for NI support to get back to me, but wondering if anyone has any thoughts or a similar experience.

It is a bit annoying to buy one, and have it sitting there for a few days unused.

Cheers

Tech Wizard

The Maschine software for your Micro should work for the Maschine MKII. When I had both units, I inter-changed both without any issues. Why do you need the serial again if you already installed it for your Mikro?
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4, Z1, X1 and F1 || Akai MPC1000 and APC40 || Ableton Push || Novation Launchkey Mini and Launchpad Mini || M-Audio Axiom 25 MKII || NI Maschine MKII || Midi Fighter 3D || MicroKorg

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft Stereo View Post
    Hi all,

I just upgraded from a Mikro to a Maschine Mk2. I have downloaded all the necessary but need a serial number for Maschine 2 to work, but I have nothing among my documentation. I am waiting for NI support to get back to me, but wondering if anyone has any thoughts or a similar experience.

It is a bit annoying to buy one, and have it sitting there for a few days unused.

Cheers
    You can see all your serial numbers on the Support website. Login to your NI account. You can also view them in Service Centre.
    There's no need to contact support for serial numbers.

The problem is that I have downloaded the maschine 2 software, along with Komplete Selection etc... but can't activate them because I have no serial numbers for the software, even though I am supposed to get Maschine 2 for free with the new MK 2 controller. Any ideas, their help hasn't been that helpful so far...

Did you buy the MK2 2nd hand with no software?

You should have gotten a serial on the disk that comes with the Maschine. Where did you buy it?

I have the serial for the original Maschine software, but because I already have an original Mikro, Service Centre thinks that it is already activated. So I can't activate the software which will then prompt NI to send me the serial for Maschine 2. I am in conversation with them, but it is getting annoying.

Tech Guru

You can edit and change the serial number in the service center.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior