Teaching novice DJs 'the ways' - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Crisis View Post
    Although I may not be a veteran.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusJuice View Post
    dude is saying he is a seasoned vet willing to teach newbs?
    dude never said he was a seasoned vet. flame him all you want, but he has good intentions. unless he is asking for a payment, then that is another question.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

i understand what you guys are saying, but you cant teach if you dont know... thats like saying because you are in second grade you are qualified to teach the first graders... it doesnt work that way... i understand he means well but its arrogance

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesusJuice View Post
    i understand what you guys are saying, but you cant teach if you dont know... thats like saying because you are in second grade you are qualified to teach the first graders... it doesnt work that way... i understand he means well but its arrogance
    It's hardly arrogance. 3 years is more than enough experience to teach the bare basics. He's not telling you how to become a superstar...

Honestly, your approach comes off arrogant to me...
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

i tend to be a dick at times, and i come off that way i apologize to all good kind sirs on this forum. (no sarcasam) for you guys have been kind to me and i suppose i should treat others with the same respect and kindness

Tech Guru

No worries
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default Read this.

[pointless posts deleted]

It's clear to me that whether people are supportive of this venture or not the result is a long thread of back and forth pointless "he said, she said' blah blah.

Either get on board with this guys venture or stay out of this thread and keep your pointless posts to yourself.
    We all like a bit of fun on this forum (me more than most) but too many threads like this just turn into petty pissing matches and usually by the same few people.

I'm not trying to curb fun but Daily Crisis is doing something worthy. Whether it it will of any good to anyone is yet to be seen but at least let the guy make a go of it because the more crap members post the less likely it is that others may take it seriously.

Be warned. Next stupid poster gets a holiday... and I ain't talking beach & cocktails

Tech Mentor

I thought this was a great idea, very selfless of a DJTTer. Big Ups!

As for Karlos
    http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Ban_Hammer.jpg
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Default Teaching Dj's

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    He's not undercutting anyone dude. He's just offering to help newbies out. There's absolutely NO good reason to be hating on someone trying to help out. He's been up front about his experience.
    agreed.

Anyone willing to help teach anyone else is simply awesome. I love to share my knowledge / experience with anyone wanting to learn. Djaying or otherwise. A great thing he is doing plus double bonus he learns from them too. We all have to start somewhere. When I learn just the basics of scratching / mixing etc their was no internet just had to network with other's in the record stores.

Tech Wizard

Don't shit on the guys parade just cos he's 16. 3yrs experience could be quite a lot if he's had the breaks

First time I saw one of my mates play in a club he was 8yrs old and standing on a milk crate. He used to be smuggled in the back door by his mum!
    Ten years later when he was actually legally allowed to be in clubs he was wiping the floor with guys twice his age cos by then he'd played all over Europe from clubs to squats and Teknivals

Tech Mentor

Maybe if the lad puts up his DJ history then?

Not "3 years experience", but "3 years DJing, with x years in clubs and x number of house parties etc done"

Also "DJ'd on x equipment (list the hardware/software used)"

Finally "Genres played" (this can be quite important to a DJ wanting to learn as it can draw them in if they see a kindred spirit (musically)

Just a thought.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast