Teaching novice DJs 'the ways'
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Teaching novice DJs 'the ways'

Hey DJ Tech Toolers,

I am writing this post to inform novices and beginners that I will help them to build their DJ career. Everything from learning the techniques on how to mix to learning the business of being a DJ, as well as the art of DJing.

Although I may not be a veteran, I have had 3 years DJing experience. This isn't a whole entire book on "How to become a superstar DJ FAST". This is just learning the very basics and taking your DJing career to the next step.

I believe we will do these sessions via Skype. If you do not own a microphone, I can always talk to you over chat. This gives beginners the opportunity to ask questions in a 1on1 environment.

To be a part of this, all you have to do is message me on Facebook. You can message me here.If you do not have access to a Facebook account, you can message me on this forum. However, I check my Facebook messages more frequently than I do my forum inbox.

Depending on how many beginners are wanting to 'learn the ways' I may do group sessions too which will be good as the DJ will have the same skill level as their fellow DJ in the Skype call.

Why not just look at some stuff on DJ Tech Tools? I hear you ask. I am doing this because this is the way how I would have loved to have been taught. I believe I can teach you optimally like this without forums. I will be a mentor to you. Without all the strict rules and regulations of being a teacher.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Thanks

Tech Mentor

Wow, just.....wow.

Tech Guru

Pretty sweet if this is free!
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

No offence, but aren't you 16??? Have you ever played in a club or done a rave? Have you ever negotiated the terms of an evening/event? Have you even bought your own gear? If you can answer yes to all of these questions then I apologize. But if you can't, then I don't know how much you can offer "NEW" DJ's.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    No offence, but aren't you 16??? Have you ever played in a club or done a rave? Have you ever negotiated the terms of an evening/event? Have you even bought your own gear? If you can answer yes to all of these questions then I apologize. But if you can't, then I don't know how much you can offer "NEW" DJ's.
    Age really doesn't have anything to do with a good deed or ones professionalism. This hobby/occupation/passion is not about rank.

This might not fit what you are looking for and he might not have the club experience to get you to the top but give the guy a break considering he is donating his time to help out others in an area of his life he is passionate about. There are many things a newb can sit and learn.

He just wants to teach the basics and really that is all he is offering so lets thank him for his time, instead of giving him a hard time of what he knows.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

What kind of things will you be teaching? Lessons, tutorials? What topics can questions be asked on? Turntables, cdjs, controllers? Will you be able to teach about promoting a night, or finding college/house parties?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    What kind of things will you be teaching? Lessons, tutorials? What topics can questions be asked on? Turntables, cdjs, controllers? Will you be able to teach about promoting a night, or finding college/house parties?
    He raises a good point. To do this well you'd need to be pretty bang on with a variety of equipment not just controllers, wasn't there a post you made a week or so ago where you didn't know what a soundcard did?

Not trying to come off harsh either dude. A mentor helped me loads when I started out years ago. Just don't bite off more than you can chew. Though if you think you can do it all the best!

3 years of experience and dude is saying he is a seasoned vet willing to teach newbs?

brotha you are a rookie yourself, and that is the main problem with the dj community. kids like you who think they have experience are the cats undercutting the real movers and shakers who have skills because you will do the even for a fraction of the price.

yes i understand you may have talent, and yes i understand everyone has got to start somewhere, but you arent nearly as experienced as you think you really are. i've had so many promoters tell me i ask for too much but call me at 11pm begging me to headline because the kid with 3 years of experience who said he'd do the gig for 25 bucks sucks garbage and people are leaving...

i dont mean to be a dick but "3 years" is nothing in dj world... thats just my honest opinion. i understand your feeling to want to give back to the wonderful community we have but you dont have much to give.... idk maybe im wrong but hey.... wouldnt be the first time

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesusJuice View Post
    3 years of experience and dude is saying he is a seasoned vet willing to teach newbs?

brotha you are a rookie yourself, and that is the main problem with the dj community. kids like you who think they have experience are the cats undercutting the real movers and shakers who have skills because you will do the even for a fraction of the price.

yes i understand you may have talent, and yes i understand everyone has got to start somewhere, but you arent nearly as experienced as you think you really are. i've had so many promoters tell me i ask for too much but call me at 11pm begging me to headline because the kid with 3 years of experience who said he'd do the gig for 25 bucks sucks garbage and people are leaving...

i dont mean to be a dick but "3 years" is nothing in dj world... thats just my honest opinion. i understand your feeling to want to give back to the wonderful community we have but you dont have much to give.... idk maybe im wrong but hey.... wouldnt be the first time
    He's not undercutting anyone dude. He's just offering to help newbies out. There's absolutely NO good reason to be hating on someone trying to help out. He's been up front about his experience.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast