Trying to manage music. Help! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

http://blog.dubspot.com/how-to-creat...sic-in-itunes/

This is by far of the best articles I have ever read. It changed how I see my music and even how play. I have adapted this method with tweaks of my own to make my library more personal and allow my library to work for me.
    I have been going all my music (120gb+) over the past year or so making sure each file is correctly named and contains all the comments, extra information and even hot cues + loops in traktor and serato.

I hope you will it find as help as I did
    Last edited by Mabonzo; 11-30-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Don't get me started on Smart Playlists.

I fookin' LOVE 'EM!!!!!

Detailed Tags + Smart Playlists = DJ INVINCIBILITY!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Schalenberg

Great tips, doods. That Dubspot article is great! Definitely gonna try and emulate that method.

Tech Guru

I've never bothered with the Smart Playlists, just looked into them... Do they work well with Traktor? Because that pretty much looks like it's going to stop me spending ages dragging stuff around into playlists.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Unfortunately Traktor does not have the ability to do smart playlists.... You can however set up smart playlists in iTunes and then either use the iTunes node in Traktor, or import the playlist into Traktor. No on-the-fly smartlists within traktor though.

I think it's probably one of the main features missing from Traktor, I think near enough every other DJ software has them. VDJ and Cross definitely do, not sure about Serato as I've never used it.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

You can still use your iTunes Smart Playlists in Traktor from the iTunes node - but you just have to make sure that the tunes in the iTunes Smart List are ALSO in the Traktor collection.

There's a thread around here somewhere discussing it...

Check it out:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=72024
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Sorry if I wasn't too clear, that is what I meant, using iTunes through Traktor. I read some people complaining they had to delete them and refresh them every time they opened Traktor to get the updated versions of the tracks and that's why I never bothered. I'ma look into it now though thank god I spent all that time hashtagging!
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

If you import the smart playlist into a Traktor playlist then it wont update when it changes in iTunes but if you play off of the iTunes node in Traktor then it updates every time you open Traktor. I play off of iTunes smart playlists in Traktor all the time and it is tremendously useful - even just the stock ones like "recently added".

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mabonzo View Post
    http://blog.dubspot.com/how-to-creat...sic-in-itunes/

This is by far of the best articles I have ever read. It change how I see my music and even how play. I have adapted this method with tweaks of my own to make my library more personal and allow my library to work for me.
    I have been going all my music (120gb+) over the past year or so making each file is correctly named and contains all the comments, extra information and even hot + loops in traktor and serato.

I hope you will find as help as I did
    +1 to this. I found this a while ago and pretty much changed my whole itunes playlist to this. I had about 6000 tracks and reduced to about 2400. Took me about a month to fully do everything. 6-7 hours a week. Just me and my music. Didnt do it while watching TV or anything cause I really wanted to focus on getting rid of the trash and tagging my tracks properly. I listen to my music and new music completely different now. I'm sure everyone can take a few useful points from that video!

Tech Mentor

When I see threads like this, it makes me happy I only play 1 genre. This seems so tedious. I pretty much have a mental note of every tune I play.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast