Good laptops for Traktor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I have a Lenovo Z580, cost me about £450 a year ago, i5, 1 TB HDD, with Windows 8 and runs my S4 and F1 no problem.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

I'm a die hard fan of HP Envy series... no sure about the new ones, but I'm rocking an Envy 14 Beats edition and it's amazing. Maybe the Envy Spectre... they are kinda dated now (2011-2012) but they should be quite cheap on ebay now.

The new Envy's look quite cool I must say...

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/hom...on-Notebook-PC
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Tech Guru

Do Beats laptops sabotage their frequency response when Beats Audio is turned off like they did on Beats phones?

The Envy doesn't look quite as cool from the side:
    http://www.laptopmag.com/images/uplo...art-15-G14.jpg
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I run 15-inch rMBPs. I also use a Kontrol Z2 and two F1s!
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=49085

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Do Beats laptops sabotage their frequency response when Beats Audio is turned off like they did on Beats phones?

The Envy doesn't look quite as cool from the side:
    http://www.laptopmag.com/images/uplo...art-15-G14.jpg
    I wouldn't know.. I always have it on and just run it through external speakers.

And I agree on the side view...

All I know is that I have this one and it's a serious piece of machine considering it's price. (my version is the 8gb ram one though... but it's expandable to 16)

http://media.bestofmicro.com/hp-envy...-224112-13.jpg
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Tech Guru

ASUS makes some of the best laptops IMO. Great pricepoint too.

IMO, don't put a ton of money into the laptop. Especially not an Alienware. Biggest waste of money ever. Consider getting bare specs to run Traktor so like 8 GB ram, and i5 or i7 processor (any will do really), and a nice 128/256GB ssd. THat shouldn't cost more than 800-1k and you'll have plenty of money leftover to spare.

You can buy a powerhouse desktop which is cheaper to upgrade over time or get some monitors.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    ASUS makes some of the best laptops IMO. Great pricepoint too.

IMO, don't put a ton of money into the laptop. Especially not an Alienware. Biggest waste of money ever. Consider getting bare specs to run Traktor so like 8 GB ram, and i5 or i7 processor (any will do really), and a nice 128/256GB ssd. THat shouldn't cost more than 800-1k and you'll have plenty of money leftover to spare.

You can buy a powerhouse desktop which is cheaper to upgrade over time or get some monitors.
    Exactly this. My Lenovo is entirely for Traktor and the occasional music sketching, but I have a custom desktop that is a thing of beauty.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Wow, thanks for all the reply's guys. I knew making a post here was a great idea.

First off, the reason I was really looking into an alienware computer is because, while I have a decent desktop already, it is a linux box, so no gaming there. (Even though I could dual boot it, it don't have a good graphics card at all so no real point) That is kinda why I don't mind putting in a large chunk of change into a laptop I would be using a lot anyway. I just figured being able to use it for both traktor and some gaming on the side. (and to the guys who where telling me to build my own desktop for gaming. While I really want to at some point, I don't want to drop the cash for a laptop and a new desktop when I have a desktop that works amazing for everything I need it to do except gaming.) The alienware I am currently looking at is about 1.3k with an i7 and 6 gigs of ram. Also, their customer support is awesome and they are soooooo shineyyyy. I do also like the Lenovo suggestion, my buddy has one of those and they are great and can be quite powerful.

Second, I don't mind having to deal with some setup to get traktor working properly. I have been using linux for a while now so I am used to having to fiddle with things to get programs to work properly.

Third, still not sold on getting a macbook. I just really don't like dealing with macs, while it might be the easiest way to get traktor up and running I would rather deal with the extra setup time than deal with how restrictive macs can be. (That is more a personal preference of mine than a factual reason for me not to buy one, but still)

Again, thanks for all the help guys and I still have my ears wide open for suggestions.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

IMO, don't put a ton of money into the laptop.
    That sure is the truth unless you are going Mac you will honestly not notice any serious benefits between a well kept cheap Windows laptop and an expensive well kept windows laptop for 99% day to day work. For Traktor its unlikely you will notice any difference between a $500 Lenovo and a $1500 Alienware.
    Last edited by deevey; 11-22-2013 at 02:41 AM.

The best laptop for Traktor is...

..the best laptop you can get for the money you have.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast