I have a weird set up made of BCD 3000 used as a mixer between two vinyl turntables

Default I have a weird set up made of BCD 3000 used as a mixer between two vinyl turntables

Hello everyone ,

first, thanks in advance to anyone who could help me, because my set up is weird it might be difficult,

basically im mixing vinyls using a behringher bcd 3000 with traktor as a mixer where i plug my 2 vinyl turntables,

now that i learned how to mix on vinyl, i want to record mixes, and i saw that this was possible putting the mix recorder on traktor on external..
    BUT, i dont know why, traktor doesn't let you put it on 2 decks, only one, so if i want to mix only with my 2 vinyl turntables, i won't have both, but only one..

I've added a picture to show you.. this problem might not have a solution as its traktor, but maybe if i upgrade traktor, i dont know.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks a lot in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Mentor

If you're using the BCD3000 soundcard then you are actually mixing internally .... and hence recording can be done in Traktor itself.
    Alternatively pipe the audio from the BCD3000 back into your computer mic or aux input and recorded via Audacity or something similar, altho the loop recorder won't work right if you do this (iirc) as the audio isn't going back into Traktor.
    Another option is to use ASIO4ALL or something similar to combine the BCD souncard and your computer soundcard into 1 composite device via software. Doing this may well add undesirable latency tho as the software does it's thing.

Are you using time code, or regular vinyl? To use time code, you need a traktor certified mixer or an audio 4/6/8/10. If you are using regular vinyl, set your decks to "live input" and mix internally. Run an audio splitter from your main out, and send one half to your speakers, and the other to a rca to 3.5mm cable into the mic input on your computer, run audacity in the background, and record through your mic input.
    Last edited by dripstep; 11-21-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Thank you guys for your help,

Im not using timecode, i mixing using my ears only and beat matching like that, so i dont think that using timecode

yes you re right im mixing internally but in order to record a vinyl i had to put the mix record on external like the jpg i attached shows

I was thinking if i cant find a solution to use audacity,

but the advantage of using the external recording option is that im recording in wav and the quality is really good, thats why i was looking on simply adding one more deck on that option window

do you think if i do like you guys says linking mixer to comp using a jack and audacity i will have the same quality ?
    and if not a good enough quality ?

thanks a lot for your responses

Guys, im a dummy, i actually just found out and i just needed to put the mix recorder function on internal.... sorry for waisting your time

but this means that i can do full mix with wav quality !!

thanks a lot !!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

What Traktor version? Pro 2 records Wav files internally.

Glad you got it sorted- I've got a BCD3000 tucked away in its box somewhere, it's good to see one still being used! Apart form the tiny jog wheels I always rather like it as a controller, especially the fact that you could use it as a mixer for external inputs (as you are).
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Default Setting up BCD 3000 as mixer

Hi Leo S,

I just acquired Traktor Pro 2 so I can mix between two vinyl on my BCD3000.
    Can you (or anyone else) help me with the audio settings to do this.