Just a quick curious question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    i have an App installed called InsomniaX that's enables you to close the lid whilst having all the functions running. I haven't tried this whilst running Traktor mind you.
    On OS X, there's an app on the store called Caffeine. It keeps your laptop awake when the lid is down. You won't blow any of your gear if your computer goes to sleep, but you may have some glitches when it wakes. It's unlikely to happen, but a possibility. NI recommend you run Traktor (especially Scratch) from a fresh reboot. That said, I've run Traktor without issue from sleep many times.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I'm using an Allen and Heath xone 92 mixer, with Traktor and audio 10, using all 4 channels for Traktor decks, but have turntables in channels 3&4. So can't turn down channel 3&4 faders.

I don't want to get that bad popping sound as soon as I shut my laptop lid... I just want to shut it so it's not just there, open, doing nothing... But I do to want to quit Traktor, is it okay for me to just shut the lid? I think I have sleep turned OFF in the settings.

It'll be good to know this for future gigging preferences too..
    So to get this clear, you want to shut the lid of your laptop while you have vinyl playing? Faders down on 1&2 should be fine then as 3&4 would be switched to vinyl rather than line. No dangers there. During a gig I would advice using the app called Caffeine (as others have suggested) for stability reasons, at home it really shouldn't matter.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    So to get this clear, you want to shut the lid of your laptop while you have vinyl playing? Faders down on 1&2 should be fine then as 3&4 would be switched to vinyl rather than line. No dangers there. During a gig I would advice using the app called Caffeine (as others have suggested) for stability reasons, at home it really shouldn't matter.
    Thanks mate, that's what I needed to know.

And cheers to all who recommended Caffeine, I'll keep this for future references!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

i answered your question in the second post. why must people over think things lol ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    i answered your question in the second post. why must people over think things lol ;p
    Ah sorry man, ha. I'm just very paranoid when it comes to my equipment :S don't want to close the lid and blow the speakers.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12