Think Traktor will ever support special characters?
    Tech Wizard

Default Think Traktor will ever support special characters?

I know that TRAP music has becoming increasingly popular over the past year and I have been seeing quite a few producers using special characters in there names.

I know tractor recognizes a few, like the ∆ (option-j) but I was curious if you know of a way or if anyone knows if tractor will ever consider supporting these characters in the software.

in iTunes I like to keep my music collection as organized as possible and when it comes to keeping the artists and track names correct i like to keep them as close to what the original artist intended. grated it makes searching a bitch but if you know where its at, its easily browsed to.

for instance, producers like HU₵₵I and even FKi and Flosstradamus use it, FKi ✖ Flosstradamus. but it just comes up blank in Traktor and sometimes with a ? (the ? is used more in iTunes). Then there is artists like ƱZ who just have ridiculous track names, that almost always needs changed to even be able to understand what it says.

just curious, not sure anyone else on here just renames them (UZ, HUCCI) or if they keep the intended symbols?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Tried giving further suggestion in NI forums?

Tech Wizard

That's my next stop.

Best of luck

I'd seriously question my taste in music if special characters were so much of an issue for me.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Wizard

everyone has a different taste

Quote Originally Posted by .saint View Post
    everyone has a different taste
    Exactly the reason I wished you luck with this request...

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    I'd seriously question my taste in music if special characters were so much of an issue for me.
    Hahaha
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,