The best way to record my mixes - Traktor/Xone92/Maschine/Ableton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The best way to record my mixes - Traktor/Xone92/Maschine/Ableton

I have TSP2, Audio 10, Maschine, Ableton, A&H Xone 92, Ableton Live, (Machine is open as plugin inside of ableton)

Before my set up got like this, i was just using Maschine and traktor and previously recorded my mixes via 1 rca cable going from Traktor Audio 10 'D' OUT, and then straight into 'D' IN, (thanks to whoever it was on here who told me how do it)

So know im using all 4 Traktor decks, ive just run an RCA to Aux cable from the RECORD of my Xone 92 and into the input next to the headphones out, at the side of my Macbook, and used Audacity to record.

The sound isnt that great tho, like i literally just pressed record, for 5 mins, and then stop, and everything recorded, from ableton and maschine and of course traktor. Is there a better programme i can use to record my stuff?

Or should i just play around with audacity to get the sound quality good? I just have a feeling no matter what i do, audacity just hasnt got a nice clean sound form recording.

Thanks
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Guru

Have you tried another cable? That's the only reason I can think of why the sound would be bad. I go straight from my mixer to my computer's mic input and it's pretty clean.

Also check your mic levels. It might be amplifying it resulting in distortion.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Why don't you use the Audio10 and Traktor's internal recorder for recording?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

Audacity is reasonably "clean" in terms of adding noise. I would strongly suspect that any noise or distortion is coming from somewhere else in the signal chain. Are you recording to wav, or immediately compressing to mp3 (or any other lossy format)?

As an initial test, turn the "record" output of the mixer down by about 10dB. It is likely that the Xone record out can put out far more voltage than the built-in mic in can receive without distorting. You can always "normalize" the recording after it is in Audacity to correct any low volume issues.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

My mixes come out great from Audacity, and I run a dual male RCA to a 3.5mm into my Mac like you... You need to play around with the volume levels in Audacity, or maybe even lower your gain levels in Traktor. I don't know, I'm a moron.

Off topic, but why you have maschine open as plugin in ableton? isnt maschine software enough? never got my head around this, never used maschine software thats why

Quote Originally Posted by MockusD View Post
    Off topic, but why you have maschine open as plugin in ableton? isnt maschine software enough? never got my head around this, never used maschine software thats why
    So then why would you assume anything about it if you've never used it?

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Why don't you use the Audio10 and Traktor's internal recorder for recording?
    I used to, but as i said, im using more stuff now as well as all 4 traktor decks, so i havent got any spare outputs on my audio 10.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

It's at the beginning of the recording (before any of my music kicks in) theres a real crackly un-clean audio sound, tbh, the audio quality isnt actually that "bad", i was jsut playing back via my laptop and headphones, so i should try playback through my monitors to determine the audio quality.

I havent touched the recording in anyway, i just stopped recording and pressed play. It's happened before, i exported it as WAV or MP3 i cant remember now, but at the beginning of the mix, theres a un-welcomed crackly fuzzy sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    So then why would you assume anything about it if you've never used it?
    Seen pretty cool vids, from what I saw its cool soft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast