X1 + Z1 of s4mk2?

Default X1 + Z1 of s4mk2?

Hi, I'm thinking of either getting the updated Traktor X1 and Z1, or the S4 mk 2, any thoughts on either, or is there anything better, so many conflicting opinions on-line, I club dj 6-7 times a year, mainly using it at home tho. Used to use the old x1 and z1, liked it a lot but i stupidly sold my macbook ant the controllers (long story). I now have a I5 macbook pro 15", just don't know what way to go controller wise.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

if you just mix 2 decks, the the x1 z1 setup is just fine. otherwise, go for the s4. if you like the x1z1 setup, why not start from there and add what you need later on
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Mentor

or get two X1 MK2's with a Behringer CMD MM-1 for 4 channel mixing.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

Tech Guru

I have an S4 (The first one) and it's the dog's bollocks. I love jog wheels, it's a habit I just can't get out of. Also you can upgrade to a timecode set up with the S4 if further down the line you would like such a feature.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by quality control View Post
    or get two X1 MK2's with a Behringer CMD MM-1 for 4 channel mixing.
    But then you'll need separate audio interface (not bad choice though, MM-1 is nice controller, although it screams CHROMA CAPS every time you use it with original knobs)
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Guru

Get an MC-1000. One of the cheapest 4 channel interfaces.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior