The best way to record my mixes - Traktor/Xone92/Maschine/Ableton - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    It's at the beginning of the recording (before any of my music kicks in) theres a real crackly un-clean audio sound, tbh, the audio quality isnt actually that "bad"
    That's most likely coming from the connection between the mixer and the laptop. The Xone should be reasonably clean...but may have some issues (it is hard to believe but impossible to rule out over a chat forum). Try recording "silence". Adjust the mixer record level down to see if the noise you are hearing is reduced in any way. Adjust the input levels inside Audacity to see if the noise is better or worse.

It may be that the noise you are hearing is as good as it gets. In that case, use Audacity to trim the lead in and lead out and replace that noise with silence.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Guru

Just connect the REC Out of your mixer into a free input on the Audio 10, and set that as your record source for Traktor's mix recorder. Noise and interference is to be expected when using on-board audio.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    That's most likely coming from the connection between the mixer and the laptop. The Xone should be reasonably clean...but may have some issues (it is hard to believe but impossible to rule out over a chat forum). Try recording "silence". Adjust the mixer record level down to see if the noise you are hearing is reduced in any way. Adjust the input levels inside Audacity to see if the noise is better or worse.

It may be that the noise you are hearing is as good as it gets. In that case, use Audacity to trim the lead in and lead out and replace that noise with silence.
    Okay I'll try this out, I'm paying back the recording now through my monitors and it seems okay, of course ill have a proper play around with the levels to get it as good as i can.

Ah, i was looking for the record level knob on the Xone92, i cant see it...... does it even have one?

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads
    You don't need an output, you need an input. Judging by the pictures of the Audio10 the "Main Input" seems like a good choice
    I'm using the MAIN IN & OUT of the front of the Audio 10 for Maschine/ableton send return with the Xone 92!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Just connect the REC Out of your mixer into a free input on the Audio 10, and set that as your record source for Traktor's mix recorder. Noise and interference is to be expected when using on-board audio.
    Would this pick everything up though? Im applying ableton fx onto Maschine, while Mashc is open as a plugin inside of Live.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Would this pick everything up though? Im applying ableton fx onto Maschine, while Mashc is open as a plugin inside of Live.
    Anything you hear through the master out of the Xone (and thus, your speakers) you will also hear through the record out
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Anything you hear through the master out of the Xone (and thus, your speakers) you will also hear through the record out
    Ah, well, that makes sense, but before when i tried recording via Traktors internal record (which i would much prefer to use) i didnt pick up anything from maschine

So I'm thinking, just route REC out from Xone 92 into any(?) free IN on the Audio 10. I forgot, I have Deck A,B,C&D IN's free.. and set Trakors record source from whichever deck on the audio 10 i have it in, right?

Ah, well, that makes sense, but before when i tried recording via Traktors internal record (which i would much prefer to use) i didnt pick up anything from maschine

So I'm thinking, just route REC out from Xone 92 into any(?) free IN on the Audio 10. I forgot, I have Deck A,B,C&D IN's free.. and set Trakors record source from whichever deck on the audio 10 i have it in, right?
    Yep, that should do it.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Yep, that should do it.
    Cool Ill try that then, and reply back here!

Thanks everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12