Flow anyone

Thread: Flow anyone

Default Flow anyone

So tried flow today... Let me rephrase that purchased flow today wow is it clunky very much so hopefully they have some releases right away feel almost ripped after purchasing it... Mapping is a easy task had my ns6 mapped and going but knobs and faders seem very inaccurate using the jogs for moving in segments is very umm frustrating so re mapped to a rotary and well a bit more accurate but still clunky. Thinking maybe get a lot of feedback and fix some issues but yeah great concept but very umm toyish feeling

I feel bad that you thought it was a good tool lmao. The dj world is going downhill quick.

DIdnt think it was but wanted to try it out and demo link was pulled

I was completely shocked at how terrible it is to be honest

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I downloaded the demo ..
    I played around with the demo ..
    I was underwhelmed as a DJ tool
    I quite liked the way it auto sliced of tracks
    I thought the keying was so-so

My impressions:

I love the GUI - nicest of any DJ software IMHO
    I love the fact that the Installer is so freaking small !
    It has some interesting technology at work.
    If the sliced track areas could be outputted into another format Wav/Traktor hotcue/Sample Deck format it would be actually useful as a remix tool.
    If there was a transpose knob it would be actually useful for when MIK screws up (which is often)

Final Thoughts:
    Its no-more than a Proof of Concept beta piece of software currently not ready for mainstream as dj software or even as a preparation tool, the features that are available need to be expanded on quite a bit to make it a viable and useful DJ tool.

My personal feeling is that we don't need another A>B mixing software and that as a sole preparation / export tool there is ALOT of potential and their time would be better focused on this area rather than time and effort in the other DJ aspects of the software.
    Last edited by deevey; 11-28-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I downloaded the demo ..
    My personal feeling is that we don't need another A>B mixing software and that as a sole preparation / export tool there is ALOT of potential and their time would be better focused on this area rather than time and effort in the other DJ aspects of the software.
    Yeah! If it could export Traktor playlists AND run platinum notes on the songs this would be a great prep tool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Yeah! If it could export Traktor playlists AND run platinum notes on the songs this would be a great prep tool IMO.
    If it could export sliced tracks

1. Sliced areas as hot cues into Rekordbox/traktor/serato
    2. Basic MP3/AIFF export of Samples.
    3. Tag with Keys of Said Samples

It would be a winner in terms of being able to remix tracks into almost any existing DJ software and/or CDJ's

Now where the real potential lies unfortunately is the way that it fades/fiters between samples when triggered, this actually worked really well when "remixing" a track however for A > B mixing it was let down with its lack of manual controls.

Unfortunatly unless MIK get it together and give us

1. A full featured DJ software with many more manual controls.
    2. Routing to a real external DJ mixer
    3. Send/Returns to the likes of a Pioneer EFX

Then the built entire output side of things is only any use for the bedroom DJ

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Then the built entire output side of things is only any use for the bedroom DJ
    Well, the majority of DJ software revenue does come from bedroom DJs I imagine, so from a business perspective this isn't a totally bad thing.

But yeah I've avoided using it because everything MIK does to me (Except their flagship MIK) is just bananas.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Well, the majority of DJ software revenue does come from bedroom DJs I imagine, so from a business perspective this isn't a totally bad thing.

But yeah I've avoided using it because everything MIK does to me (Except their flagship MIK) is just bananas.
    Bottom line I guess is that it can make a beginners mix sound "acceptable" rather than complete crap - in theory

If you know your stuff already there's nothing in it that would make you want to change from your current software.

If you are buying a controller you'll most likely get Traktor LE / VDJ / Djay etc bundled already and theres no sense in buying this alongside - you would actually lose features rather than Gain.

I just don't see the incentive for anyone to spend money on it unless some of the things I mentioned above are addressed.

I agree I was rather shocked the slices couldn't be mapped and that's really what I was hoping for if that is resolved that'd be nice... As stayed above merely a proof on concept.

Coming from 15 years of djing It won't change anything for me hopefully they hold true to their word of free updates and then see where it goes.

Exporting slices would be stellar a and then being able to import into say remix decks or clips in Ableton would make it a nice tool to have in preparation.