Small powered speakers for home use
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Small powered speakers for home use

I'm looking to get some small speakers to use at home purely for DJing. I have Rokit 5 monitors for PC/production use which I'm going to have set up in the same room but on a different desk.

I've been looking at these as they seem to fit the bill perfectly, http://www.staggmusic.com/en/product...k.html?backp=1

Found them online for £105 each.

Anyone had any experience with these? Or any other recommendations, the same sort of size?
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Tech Guru

Well do you want small speakers?

As the ones you have linked to have 8" woofers, so are actually going to be pretty big?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Guru

M-Audio AV40 seem quite popular and are within your price range.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Well do you want small speakers?

As the ones you have linked to have 8" woofers, so are actually going to be pretty big?
    Yeah, I've seen these in person and I know they're about the right sort of size I'm looking for. These are the size specs: Dim.(H x W x D):38.5*28*22 cm/ 15.2*11*8.7 in - Weight: 8.5 kg/ 18.7 lbs.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    M-Audio AV40 seem quite popular and are within your price range.
    Those look good but I'm after something that isn't a studio monitor really.

Tech Guru

I wouldnt class the m-audio's as studio monitors, more for media, I wouldn't trust them in my studio.

Depends on what size cone you want, how loud you want them to go etc
    Is there any reason you don't want to use the rokits for your DJ setup?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Acoustic Energy Aego-M is great for home and bedroom use. I own them personally, and they are amazing for the price too, they're only £125. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    I wouldnt class the m-audio's as studio monitors, more for media, I wouldn't trust them in my studio.

Depends on what size cone you want, how loud you want them to go etc
    Is there any reason you don't want to use the rokits for your DJ setup?
    Mainly because I'm going to have two separate work spaces, one for DJing, one for production and I don't want the hassle of having to move the speakers every time I want to use them.

They don't have to be too loud, will mainly be for practicing on and the odd house party.

Tech Guru

If they're both for music purposes, you should really get monitors...
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DeanOakley View Post
    Mainly because I'm going to have two separate work spaces, one for DJing, one for production and I don't want the hassle of having to move the speakers every time I want to use them.

They don't have to be too loud, will mainly be for practicing on and the odd house party.
    Seeing as you have a pioneer set up already why not the pioneer speakers, seeing as they have just brought out a new version may be able to pick up the old ones cheaper now, they got rather goo DJd reviews and have a volume controller too. Just can't remeber the model name.

Either that or pick up another pair of KRK's, as they do go pretty loud.

I would avoid a small 2.1 setup, I can imagine they'd be easliy overpowered, and the Aego-M are more for media/ipod use etc

Whats your actual budget?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast