Which controller is best on the market at the moment?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which controller is best on the market at the moment?

Hi guys,

I just want to know which controller is best on the market? My price range is anything up to £550 / $900 / 659 EUR. I have been thinking about the Traktor S4 as it is near my price range and it has been recommended to me.

Basically I have several options:
    • Numark N4
    • Native Instruments Traktor S4
    • Native Instruments Traktor S2
    • Numark 4Trak
    • And... possibly more.

I just want to hear your suggestions - What is the best controller on the market?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Tech Convert

My first choice would be the EZ DJ Pro but that was sold out at my local Toys R Us.

I have probably said this a couple times before, but I REALLY like the Traktor S4.

Based on your question of, 'what is the best controller in the market', I see the answer as relative to what kind of music you prefer to play. You know, all that jazz about your play style, and etc., and picking a controller that is right for you.

Yes, there are plenty of controllers out there and I have dabbled, touched, and strip searched. For ME however, the Traktor S4 has been my bread and butter. Once you start really getting into it, you will also be glad you went for the S4 instead of the S2 because, let's face it: only using two decks gets boring. It is not enough... for me anyway.

Added this edit:
    Its solid construction and portability (especially if paired with this Magma bag make it easy to lug around to play anywhere. Native Instruments also is great at supporting its products. I have had many things spilled on this controller, and it has been through its fair share of abuse and it is still ticking. I have been using it for just over a year for at least 7 hours a week of gig time and I have NEVER had it glitch on me for a reason that was not my fault...

Just put the keyboard and mouse down and do yourself a favor and get the S4, and if you don't like it... well then... I don't like you... lol.
    Last edited by Nverno; 11-27-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nverno View Post
    My first choice would be the EZ DJ Pro but that was sold out at my local Toys R Us.

I have probably said this a couple times before, but I REALLY like the Traktor S4.

Based on your question of, 'what is the best controller in the market', I see the answer as relative to what kind of music you prefer to play. You know, all that jazz about your play style, and etc., and picking a controller that is right for you.

Yes, there are plenty of controllers out there and I have dabbled, touched, and strip searched. For ME however, the Traktor S4 has been my bread and butter. Once you start really getting into it, you will also be glad you went for the S4 instead of the S2 because, let's face it: only using two decks gets boring. It is not enough... for me anyway.

Added this edit:
    Its solid construction and portability (especially if paired with this Magma bag make it easy to lug around to play anywhere. Native Instruments also is great at supporting its products. I have had many things spilled on this controller, and it has been through its fair share of abuse and it is still ticking. I have been using it for just over a year for at least 7 hours a week of gig time and I have NEVER had it glitch on me for a reason that was not my fault...

Just put the keyboard and mouse down and do yourself a favor and get the S4, and if you don't like it... well then... I don't like you... lol.
    That last sentence was a fair point. Thank you for your contribution I think I'll go for the EZ DJ Pro to be honest, that will be my best option. (sarcasm)

I like to play banging house tunes... S4 looks beast as well! I think I will go for that thanks

PS: That bag looks hench!

Tech Wizard

Pioneer DDJ-t1, You would probably pick it up dirt cheap as its discontinued but its great and independent reviews often put it above the S4

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Best to not so best IMHO that are within budget.

1. Pioneer DDJ-SX - Might just be able to pick one of these up.
    2. Vestax VCI400 - In budget and Gorgeous (and standalone mixer).
    3. Reloop terminal Mix 4 - In Budget
    4. NI S4 - In budget and tightest Traktor integration
    5. Pioneer DDJ-T1 - In Budget with change

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Best to not so best IMHO that are within budget.

Pioneer DDJ-SX - Might just be able to pick one of these up. [*]Vestax VCI400 - In budget and Gorgeous (and standalone mixer).[*]Reloop terminal Mix 4 - In Budget[*]NI S4 - In budget and tightest Traktor integration[*]Pioneer DDJ-T1 - In Budget with change [/LIST]
    In reply to your list:

1. The Pioneer DDJ-SX looks amazing! Unfortunately it's over my budget. I would like to buy it new, not used.
    2. The VCI400 doesn't look great to be honest. Also it is over my budget.
    3. This one is in my price range. Not sure about this one. I heard some of Reloop's stuff is poor.
    4. NI S4. This is what I am currently going for. It looks fantastic.
    5. Wow. the DDJ-T1 looks amazing! So now I guess it's S4 vs DDJ-T1.

Quote Originally Posted by Morior View Post
    Pioneer DDJ-t1, You would probably pick it up dirt cheap as its discontinued but its great and independent reviews often put it above the S4
    Looks good mate. Now it's just a debate whether to get S4 or DDJ-T1.

Tech Guru

I've never heard of Reloop's stuff being poor.

It's fantastic quality. You get a nice solid metal casing which already puts it above NI's stuff. The jogs are sooo beautiful, and the pads are great.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

I'd pick the T1, it'll get you slightly dialed in with Pioneer gear seeing as it's basically the industry standard when you play out.

Tech Mentor

NS7 ii, but it's not in your budget.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast