Sound cutting off on Sennheiser HD 25's
    Schalenberg

Default Sound cutting off on Sennheiser HD 25's

Pretty frequently, I have audio cut off on my left headphone of my HD 25s. After searching the internet, I found a solution, although a bit tricky for someone who sucks at fixing shit. I heard replacing the cable is another, more expensive fix. I have been wanting to replace the cable with something custom like the ones MDCDesign makes. Has anyone had this problem, and if so, did a new cable correct it?

Here's a link to the fix if anyone needs it: http://www.instructables.com/id/Senn...se-and-Repair/
    Last edited by Schalenberg; 11-27-2013 at 11:45 AM.

I own these pairs of headphones. I've owned them for about a month or 2 months now and they're supposedly solid as fuck. Best bet would to see if you have any warranty on them to be honest mate. Google is your friend. Keep searchin' bro and hopefully you find a solution! I can't help you I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Could be an issue with the connection on whatever it is that you're plugging the headphones into.

Tech Guru

Try just replacing the 3.5mm cable first. Then the onboard cables.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Schalenberg

When I move the cable around, I get it to work instantly. Thinking it might be that 3.5mm cable.

Does the cable come with a screw on adapter that goes from 1/4" to 3.5mm? Is it attached firmly? Seems silly to ask but sometimes I make the same mistake lol.

Tech Guru

sometimes its just the wire that goes to the cup unplug it and plug it back it…fixes the problem
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

i use hd25's and love them.. they are very hard wearing but at the same time i play out anything from 3 - 6 times a week and honestly don't look after them, they just get thrown in my bag, i went through 3 cables in the first year, then finally bought an armoured one for about £60 from ebay, it's lasted a year so far and is showing no signs of breaking… money well spent in my opinion.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    i use hd25's and love them.. they are very hard wearing but at the same time i play out anything from 3 - 6 times a week and honestly don't look after them, they just get thrown in my bag, i went through 3 cables in the first year, then finally bought an armoured one for about £60 from ebay, it's lasted a year so far and is showing no signs of breaking… money well spent in my opinion.
    I also have a pair with this problem. Mine is my own fault though. Part of the cable got pinched on the left side where the headband splits. Sometimes if I wiggle it I can hear sound, but basically I think I just need to replace the whole cable. This armored cable that you got ... what makes it armored?

armor