I'm trying to buy a macbook pro. But can't decide which processor is better.

Default I'm trying to buy a macbook pro. But can't decide which processor is better.

Macbook Pro i5 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
    Macbook Pro 17 Dual Core 2.7 GHz

They are both 13 inch laptops, in the end of their cycles.

Which of the 2 are better processors for using Ableton and Traktor simultaneously ?

Along with this, I'm buying a Push and a Xone K2.

Please help me out. I really don't want to own something I'll need to upgrade very soon.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm coming from a Dell laptop, Quad core i5. Bitch died on me, Doesn't even start now.

if you dont want to upgrade soon, best bet is to get the latest.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Neither have been updated in a year - personally I don't think either is a particularly good purchase at this point in time given the benefits of more recent processors, SSD and the price drops of the retina machines.

But given the choice of these two the i7.

Tech Guru

There has never been a Quad Core 13" Macbook as far as I know.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    There has never been a Quad Core 13" Macbook as far as I know.
    i was just about to say that myself also if your really set on either then the i7 model

Tech Guru

If you want Ableton and Traktor simultaneously, go big. The more CPU and RAM in that bad boy the better.

My i5 Lenovo eats Traktor alive with two remix decks running, keylock and spamming FX though, and I'm sure I could comfortably run Ableton in the background also but I've never tried it. This is all on the shoddy crap that is Windows 8, so OS X on similar spec should have no problem.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    If you want Ableton and Traktor simultaneously, go big. The more CPU and RAM in that bad boy the better.

My i5 Lenovo eats Traktor alive with two remix decks running, keylock and spamming FX though, and I'm sure I could comfortably run Ableton in the background also but I've never tried it. This is all on the shoddy crap that is Windows 8, so OS X on similar spec should have no problem.
    Got the 15" i7 quad core today. My mistake about the Quad core i5. Victim of false advertising by some of the stores. Plus here in India, the Retinas are just way too expensive.

Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it

Is there a tutorial for mapping an Android Tablet to work as a mixer ? (Touch OSC). No Xone K2, I would've been sorted otherwise.