Starting a YouTube music channel.
    Tech Guru

Default Starting a YouTube music channel.

Hey guys, it's something I've wanted to do for a while now, and seeing the post on the DJTT website has just pushed me over the edge.

Basically, the majority of you will have seen the new style of music channel that lives on YouTube, examples would include SubSoul and Eton Messy. These are great tools, firstly for a fan of music (especially DJs) to finds new tunes and lastly for artists to promote their releases to a wider audience.

My channel is actually planning to host all styles of music, from EDM to rock, pop, jazz and experimental moon bounce, but in a clearly defined way with clear playlists so as not to alienate fans of a particular genre. The main focus is being that the songs I will promote are new, possibly even exclusive if I can get to that stage.

Anyways, enough spiel about the channel, you know how they work. I'm looking to get the first video up over the weekend, and I need a song to start off. I know there's a lot of guys on here producing some amazing songs, I'm basically looking for the first song to be promoted through my channel. The upside is, it's a platform to promote your new song on, the downside is, being the first song it's not going to get 50k views over night (Although will be forever there with honorable mentions on the accompanying website)

I was thinking, post/embed links to your tracks here, and I'll contact whichever I think are right for the channel. Goes without saying, I need the permission from the songs rights holder to upload it to my channel, hence why I'm not just throwing up any random beatport 100 turd, also there's some fantastic productions on this forum which I just know will fit the channel.

So, yeah. Who's up for it? Also if you see a glaring error in my plan, feel free to point them out to me. I'm pretty sure my plan covers everything
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Sounds pretty cool! You should probably set up an email for submissions though.
    Here's a submission from me:

Tech Guru

There is an e-mail for submissions that I'll be putting in the video descriptions (submissions@wearethenewsound.com).

Loving that song Judman, definite candidate (I thought I was going to get some right dire airhorns and gunshots first haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    (I thought I was going to get some right dire airhorns and gunshots first haha)
    lol. Thanks! Glad you like it.

Tech Guru

Just another thing I'd like to throw out there, the channel will use a basic splash screen with an equaliser and color coding. No sexy ladies on this channel, sorry guys

If you need any logos or graphics, I'd be happy to help.

Tech Guru

Good news! My friend liked the idea and asked if I would use his remix, so I've got that on the test run. Going to upload one of my bands tracks tomorrow (shameless self plug crossed with filling up empty space). I still want to hear your tracks though guys, and they will be featured on a video that looks like this:

(1080p, OOSH)