How do you organize your tracks in a USB Stick

Default How do you organize your tracks in a USB Stick

Hi everybody, so I'm currently trying to transition from controllers to CDJ's.

My question was, how do you organize your tracks on you USB sticks for when you use them with the cdjs?

Folders? drop everything there?

I currently make playlists in Itunes in a CD fashion (+- 80 minutes) with genre etc.

I was planing on making similar folders on the usb stick so as to follow the same method.

What do you guys think? Is there an easier way?

Tech Guru

If you're going to use a USB with CDJ's then RekordBox is the way forward. Organise all your folders and playlists in RekordBox, plug in your USB, drag over the playlists/folders that you want on the USB, done.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

I carry two usb's. One with rekordbox analyzed tracks exported from my playlist on itunes. Another with just plain folders of the playlist incase its an older cdj, or something that doesn't use rekordbox.

Rekordbox drives are still organized in a pretty sensible way. The second drive is just kind of making work for yourself.

the usb's that i carry are only for backup, however they are organised as exact mirrors of my serato crates, incase my laptop goes down, i will have enough to worry about, and hunting for tunes needs to be bottom of the list.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

By genre

I organize mine by "phatness"
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

I organise mine by artist, I know what I play and what the artists sounds is. And normally have a rough idea if it will match