Need help with 90's style house tracks - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Seriously dig for the tunes yourself.

Yeah it's easy to ask for suggestions, but it's much better to hunt for them yourself.

So you posted Ejeca, so find out what labels they have released on, check the releases on those labels, find more artists you like and keep repeating.

A word of warning, there is a lot better to be found that was actually released in the 90's rather than now, there some good producers putting out that revival house sound, but a lot of it is very generic, seems people have forgotten how to look for new samples.

But there is still a lot of good stuff to be found, you just have to dig for it.
    THIS
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    True, good point, can't argue with that, 94-96 were some of my favourite times Although they tended to more of a UK reflection of the mid 90's US House/Garage sound IMHO as opposed to a more distinct UK sound bubbling up from London/Sunday Scene circa 96/97 etc - conversely it could be argued MK/Todd Edwards/MAW/M&S/MoodIISwing et al were already doing this with cut up vocal/dubs etc.

Not sure what other people think but for me; a lot of what is popular and deemed 'Deep House' at the moment tends to be erring more on the bass/sub bass driven House, hence my suggestion to look at the UK Garage side of things.

I think it's difficult to break down the 90's decade (let alone 25 years of House Music); the Dance Music scene, for want of a better phrase, changed so much in that time and a huge amount of high quality tracks were released, it's hard to make recommendations . Traxsource is definately the first port of call I would say.
    Agree with everything you said there, yeah between 94-96 the US sound definitely influenced the UK guys, and yeah around 97 onwards is where the UK guys started to make it there own. There was some amazingly good stuff back then.

The majority of what shops/artists/labels are classing as deep house isn't in the slightest but leans more to that early US/UK vibe, US you can go back earlier to around 92, but honestly one of my favourite years for solid releases is 94 dunno why but it was a goood year.

Still wish I'd been able to experience the 90's properly.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Guru

The majority of what shops/artists/labels are classing as deep house isn't in the slightest but leans more to that early US/UK vibe, US you can go back earlier to around 92, but honestly one of my favourite years for solid releases is 94 dunno why but it was a goood year.
    Totally agree, I like a lot of this 'new' (read mid 90's) sound that's been doing the rounds over the last couple of years, but as you rightly say it isn't really Deep House (only my personal view lol); such as stuff on Seasons Recordings, NRK, Naked Music, OM, Transport, NiteGrooves, Large etc. I've noticed that quite a few of these labels have been dipping in to this current flavour of the month though.

1994 - great year, the Essential Mixes that year full of quality House tunage IMHO Nice to chat with a like minded person
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Totally agree, I like a lot of this 'new' (read mid 90's) sound that's been doing the rounds over the last couple of years, but as you rightly say it isn't really Deep House (only my personal view lol); such as stuff on Seasons Recordings, NRK, Naked Music, OM, Transport, NiteGrooves, Large etc. I've noticed that quite a few of these labels have been dipping in to this current flavour of the month though.

1994 - great year, the Essential Mixes that year full of quality House tunage IMHO Nice to chat with a like minded person
    Yeah there has been some quality released in the last couple of years, I think the whole revival was helped mainly by My Love Is Underground, it put a lot of old producers back in the limelight, along with the likes of Vibes & Pepper who I'm so glad put out the re-issue of The 4 Play EP as the original was going for way too much. There are labels that are still putting out some quality stuff but there are a lot more putting out mediocre "90's house" that literally is just a 909 and some stabs they took from a Kerri track or the like.

And by the way I hate calling it 90's house as really its just house, but hey ho thats how its been branded.

Its always good to find like minded people.

As we're on the subject, did pick up an amazing old Lil' Louis record yesterday.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Seriously dig for the tunes yourself.

Yeah it's easy to ask for suggestions, but it's much better to hunt for them yourself.

So you posted Ejeca, so find out what labels they have released on, check the releases on those labels, find more artists you like and keep repeating.

A word of warning, there is a lot better to be found that was actually released in the 90's rather than now, there some good producers putting out that revival house sound, but a lot of it is very generic, seems people have forgotten how to look for new samples.

But there is still a lot of good stuff to be found, you just have to dig for it.
    A man after my own heart

<3

Schalenberg

Finally came back to this thread and I'm happy and humbled to see/hear a lot of stuff that's new to me. Thanks for the help all.

.... I could keep going ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123