Traktor Mix Skips during Playback
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Mix Skips during Playback

I am using Traktor 2.6.5 with audio 8 soundcard aldo Timecode Vinyl with DJM 700.

Bascially i am recording a Mix in through Traktor , everthing fine until I finish the Mix and Playback to constant skips and jumps !!!

Has Anybody else experienced this , If so any suggestions on a possible FIX .

Cheers

Tech Guru

What are your computer specs and latency settings?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I'm using Traktor Version 2.6.5 using Mac 10.8.4
    I'm Using the Timecode Vinyl recording a Mix through Channel D on my Audio 8 sound Card - which has always worked for me in the past However now during the playback on Recorded Mix there is random skips and Jumps throughout !! Very Annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Forgot to mention 2.3Ghz i.5 Processor with 4Gb Memeory Mhz DDR 3

Tech Wizard

I've got this issue with windows 7 x64 on an i7, 4GB ram, dell precision m6700... It has dual internal drives, I run my OS and traktor off a solid state drive and all my music off a rotational HDD. The issue seems to occur more often when I'm recording the mix, presumably because I record to the same drive as the music. To troubleshoot this, I have purchased a Samsung 840 pro SSD with 1GB read/write speeds and will be installing it in place of the rotational, and making the rotational an external to record to. I will be installing it tonight and updating this thread. I'm assuming, as a professional pc technician, that the rotational read/write head is jumping to read the song and breaks from the recording, then jumps back causing a break in the music, both recording and live output. We shall see tonight.

Tech Guru

No, the mechanics of the hard drive have no effect on audio performance. Driver/process conflicts cause the CPU to change priorities away from audio which causes dropouts.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

I've got this issue with windows 7 x64 on an i7, 4GB ram, dell precision m6700... It has dual internal drives, I run my OS and traktor off a solid state drive and all my music off a rotational HDD. The issue seems to occur more often when I'm recording the mix, presumably because I record to the same drive as the music. To troubleshoot this, I have purchased a Samsung 840 pro SSD with 1GB read/write speeds and will be installing it in place of the rotational, and making the rotational an external to record to. I will be installing it tonight and updating this thread. I'm assuming, as a professional pc technician, that the rotational read/write head is jumping to read the song and breaks from the recording, then jumps back causing a break in the music, both recording and live output. We shall see tonight.
    I bet this works. Reading and writing to a disc is hard work - so having a separate drive to use for recording should eliminate these drop outs.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Using an external USB drive and an internal drive simultaneously is going to put more load on the system than using just the internal drive.

The bandwidth required by Traktor is so low and insignificant compared to the throughput of even a mechanical drive; recording a mix for example requires less than 200KB/sec.

Quote Originally Posted by GavDuffer View Post
    I'm Using the Timecode Vinyl recording a Mix through Channel D on my Audio 8 sound Card -
    How is the master sound (that is mixed in the DJM800) going back to the Audio 8 channel D input? RCA->RCA cable?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Generally find if traktor is glitching or skipping in sound it is your latency settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast