XDJ Aero Power Adaptor Missing: Help!
    Tech Wizard

Default XDJ Aero Power Adaptor Missing: Help!

I have the opportunity to buy an XDJ-Aero on the cheap ($400) and it looks brand new with one problem: The power supply is missing. Now this wouldn't be such a headache if I was able to get good specs on the power supply, but I can't find any.

Pioneer lists the unit as: Power AC100 V (50 Hz / 60Hz) Rated output DC12 V

I've been told that some Pioneer power supply's are proprietary, so I've been second guessing the purchase. My plan was to simply plug the same cord I use for my S4 in or use my friends DDJ-SX Cord. Or could I order this from amazon to get it to work?: http://www.amazon.com/Switching-Powe.../ref=pd_cp_e_0

Thanks for the help guys!!

Tech Guru

The power supply you linked from Amazon should work fine, assuming it has the correct plug to fit the Aero.

The S4 power supply outputs 9V and the DDJ SX supply outputs 5V, so you can't use either of those.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The power supply you linked from Amazon should work fine, assuming it has the correct plug to fit the Aero.
    That's the thing, I don't know if its the correct plug or not because there are no pictures of the XDJ power supply. Here's a picture I ripped from the pioneer youtube video about the unit:
    XDJ Aero.jpg

A barrel plug will work, the power rating is even written next to the terminal. I can't recall any Pioneer equipment with proprietary power leads.

Tech Guru

Barrel plugs come in different diameters though.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Just go to an electronics store like Radio shack. I lost my power supply for my XDJ and just got one there. the power supply is not proprietary

Many PSUs will ship with adapters galore to suit all your needs Just make sure you buy one with the adapters
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Wizard

Guilty how much did the Power supply cost you? Just curious, I know pioneer sells theirs for $90. What a rip

20-30 bucks?

This would probably work.

http://www.amazon.com/XDJ-AERO-Rekor...ords=xdj+power