Question about rebuilding collection in Traktor 3....
    Tech Guru

Default Question about rebuilding collection in Traktor 3....

Hey so my collection file got corrupted after I had to use it with a warez copy of Traktor3 when my computer was getting fixed (long story), the corruption problem sprung up once I started using the same collection file with my legit Traktor3 copy - so I had no choice but to delete my entire collection file and start a new one. :S

So my question is, is there a feature in Traktor 3 that scans my entire harddrive for all mp3s so that they become part of my collection? This would save me a lot of time as it's a real pain loading/analyzing every single mp3 on my harddrive manually since I have a very large library of music....

I was almost positive there was a function like this but have been scratching my head trying to find it. I use traktor 3.2.2

thanks guys

The quickest way that I know, and I am kinda new to this, is just making a folder on your desktop or iTunes playlist. Then just have Traktor analyze that entire folder at once.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You could just assign the whole C: drive as your music folder and import Music Folder.
    I would imagine that it would take 1000 years but i assume it would work.

Would be much easier and quicker in the long run to run a search on all your music file types and then whack them into one folder.
    Even easier if that was then imported into iTunes.

Dont hate on iTunes, yes people hate it , yes its apple but it makes life so much easier with Traktor especially T3.

Karlos

PS: after a collection corruption you can import a previously saved collection.nml. These are auto saved in the Backup Folder in the Traktor3 Folder when T3 is shut down. Im sure you would have a usable one from a previous session in that folder.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 10-04-2009 at 11:53 PM.

how one's collection get's corrupted? just yesterday i received very sad call from my friend that he lost all his playlists in his Tpro (legit btw), he backed up his collection fine, but playlist are still gone (haven't had the time for search in Bible/manual for him so i'm asking here). So general question: how to backup playlists in TPRO.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Just backup the collection.nml
    That has all the playlists stored in it.

Karlos

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You could just assign the whole C: drive as your music folder and import Music Folder.
    I would imagine that it would take 1000 years but i assume it would work.

i'll give that a shot. i'll just do it before bed one these days so it's all done for the next day. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Just backup the collection.nml
    That has all the playlists stored in it.

Karlos
    i knew it! it's what i told him already... obv he still cannot find them etc. i have to go to him and deal with that noob personally
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII