Numark vs Pioneer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

why not try a pioneer controller like a DDJ SX or SR? correct me if i am wrong, but it will probably have the same workflow as that of a cdj and mixer. Its also a mobile set up than 2CDJs and a mixer with sound card and laptop.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

For CDJ (CD/usb) type players I would personally be looking at either Pioneer, Denon or Reloop.

The Reloop rmp3 alphas are a fantastic player and possibly the one that offers the most value for money without comprimising on quality. Brand new they will be the cheapest of the three brands mentioned.

It sounds like Pioneer & Denon players will likely be out of your price-range brand new but there are some second-hand bargains to be found. Well worth researching both their product lines to get a feel for whats currently out there though.

Make no mistake though, any of these players are going to be a fairly big investment and cost substantially more than a pair of Numark cd players (Axis-9/NDX200/NDX400 etc). However I don't believe these 'budget' cd players are very cost effective and as others have suggested, at this price point I think you would be better served going for a midi-controller of some sort (there are literally hundreds) that will offer far more and let you get a handle on the basics.

Once you have a few months practice under your belt, you will have a far better idea of what kind of route you'd like to go down- CD players / digital vinyl / better spec controller etc. Then you will be far better placed to save up and research the options that fit your future needs.

For the time being I think a decent entry level controller would be the best bet, and stop you spending a lot more money on something you might want to change within a few months when you have more knowledge of what everything does.

All just my personal opinion of course
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12