Numark vs Pioneer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Numark vs Pioneer

Hey Guys,

Right now I am on the search for some good at home practice tables. I know the CDJ's are the club standard but I'm sure as everyone would agree they are EXPENSIVE!! So on my search for an affordable set of CDJ's I came across Numark's version of Pioneer CDJ's. But I am at a crossroads because people say I should save other say its okay for home practice, so I'm asking you, The People of DJTT! Help me on my quest! What are your thoughts, suggestions and answers.

2nd hand pioneers are better than numark. just take time and find the right stuff. not just jumping the gun cause its cheap.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    2nd hand pioneers are better than numark. just take time and find the right stuff. not just jumping the gun cause its cheap.
    This advice all day!
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Pioneeeeerrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Tech Mentor

don't forget their are other brands beside Pioneer and Numark. Reloop, Gemini, American Audio, Denon (amazing gear)

I hate when people assume that it's a Pioneer world

other than a pioneer i would probably gor for a denon
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Guru

What "style" or work flow are you looking to practice? Understanding that will be critical to making the tradeoffs in terms of buying any gear.

Are you wanting to scratch with CDs? Are you wanting to do long mixes and beatmatching? Are you wanting to emulate a specific club setup and build time with that? Are you wanting to put together a mobile DJ setup that you can use to make some $$$?
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Wizard

Stuff like Rekordbox might also be a factor. Seeing as most clubs have Pioneer gear, and I'm going by the assumption that you would like to play out later, using Rekordbox could make that way easier. Just roll in with your USB flash drive(s) and off you go. Of course this is true for other DJ gear as well (Denon, for sure, has decks that take USB sticks), but it might make your life a tiny bit easier. Your choice of course.

Tech Wizard

Long mixes mainly hour to four hour sets. But being able to do long mixes at clubs as well as be mobile would be awesome because then I could double the income. But preferably being able to do long sets at home is what I want just to make mixes and get them out there to clubs and other people.

being able to scratch would be pretty cool but its not necessary.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    What "style" or work flow are you looking to practice? Understanding that will be critical to making the tradeoffs in terms of buying any gear.

Are you wanting to scratch with CDs? Are you wanting to do long mixes and beatmatching? Are you wanting to emulate a specific club setup and build time with that? Are you wanting to put together a mobile DJ setup that you can use to make some $$$?

Long mixes mainly hour to four hour sets. But being able to do long mixes at clubs as well as be mobile would be awesome because then I could double the income. But preferably being able to do long sets at home is what I want just to make mixes and get them out there to clubs and other people.

being able to scratch would be pretty cool but its not necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast