Soundcloud, copyright infringement, and an alternative

Default Soundcloud, copyright infringement, and an alternative

Hi, DJ TechTools:

I recently tried uploading a mix to Soundcloud, but they've blocked it because it "may contain copyrighted content." I've spent my entire Monday jousting with them and they claim that I need explicit permission from the record label or producer for the mix to be made public. I really don't understand this, because not only did I purchase the track that they claim "may" be copyrighted, but there are also thousands of other mixes which have the same tune, and I'm fairly certain that not all DJs have acquired permission on behalf of the record label or producer. So I don't see why I'm being treated any differently.

I've emailed the producer and have not received a response. I've emailed the record label and they said they haven't been notified by Soundcloud of any copyright infringement. Moreover, whoever messaged me from the record label doesn't speak English that well, so I don't think getting the thumbs up from them to use the track is going to be an easy task at all.

I'm a Pro member on Soundcloud and this is all very frustrating. I can't afford to play this waiting game and function as the middle man between record labels, producers, and Soundcloud every time something like this arises. This discourages me from wanting to post mixes on their site. Consequently, I'm looking for an alternative: a site that lets me upload mixes and lets non-members download said mixes for free. Sites like Mixcloud and House Mixes won't do. So, if any if you have any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to hear them. Additionally, any and all insight regarding my copyright infringement issue is welcomed with open arms.

Thanks in advance.

For those who care: I was able to post the mix online because the record label gave me permission