How to make traktor NOT store track's info?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default How to make traktor NOT store track's info?

I'm using traktor to test some tracks and I keep changing their name, but when I load a track and then I create a copy of that track and change it's name and load it again traktor still shows me the same name of the previous one when I load the new one...

How do I make traktor stop guessing which is the original name of the track and start showing the name that I want it to show?

Thanks!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Which name are you changing?? The filename or the name stored in the Tag?? And how are you creating a copy of the file?? On the hard drive (through windows explorer) or in Traktor??
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Which name are you changing?? The filename or the name stored in the Tag?? And how are you creating a copy of the file?? On the hard drive (through windows explorer) or in Traktor??
    I'm changing the name of the file on a folder at my desktop. I open de folder click twice on the tracks name and change it. And I copy the file on the hard drive, I simply click on it and choose copy, then paste it on the same folder or other, either way traktor assumes its the same track, and shows the old name.
    What can i do? Is there a way of turning this off? or should I start deleting the place where traktor stores this data?

Thanks
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

If you're just changing the filename of the track, then the title that is stored in the Tag info (which is the one that traktor will show you) will still be the same.

Try this, right click on any of the headings in Traktor's browser, and select the file path (or something like that, can't think exactly what it's called). a new column will come up which will show the tracks location and the filename. If the filename is different, but the title is the same, then you need to change the title in the ID3 tag for it to show up differently in Traktor. Various ways to do this, but I would recommend MP3Tag (If you're using a PC).
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Tech Guru

If you're just changing the filename of the track, then the title that is stored in the Tag info (which is the one that traktor will show you) will still be the same.

Try this, right click on any of the headings in Traktor's browser, and select the file path (or something like that, can't think exactly what it's called). a new column will come up which will show the tracks location and the filename. If the filename is different, but the title is the same, then you need to change the title in the ID3 tag for it to show up differently in Traktor. Various ways to do this, but I would recommend MP3Tag (If you're using a PC).
    Even for wav tracks? (I only use wav)

Also, I'm not going to use traktor to play on nightclubs, I just use it home so, wouldn't it be more simple to delete this data which trakor uses to "remeber" the tracks name?

I'm sure there is very basic info stored in a WAV tag, try right-clicking on the file and clicking properties, then details. Should show you the title and stuff in there.

Problem with deleting the info is that it's stored in the collection.nml file (I think...), which is a massive text file with all of your tracks in it. If you have 100 tracks, then easy enough, if you've got thousands, not so easy. The only other way to do it is it delete the original track from Traktor, when it comes up asking you to confirm tick the box that says something along he lines of 'also remove Traktor data', but I've got a feeling this isn't what you want to do.

I still think you need to change the Tag info on the file, try what I said above with the WAV file, you should be able to edit the properties in that way.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Tech Guru

I'm sure there is very basic info stored in a WAV tag, try right-clicking on the file and clicking properties, then details. Should show you the title and stuff in there.

Problem with deleting the info is that it's stored in the collection.nml file (I think...), which is a massive text file with all of your tracks in it. If you have 100 tracks, then easy enough, if you've got thousands, not so easy. The only other way to do it is it delete the original track from Traktor, when it comes up asking you to confirm tick the box that says something along he lines of 'also remove Traktor data', but I've got a feeling this isn't what you want to do.

I still think you need to change the Tag info on the file, try what I said above with the WAV file, you should be able to edit the properties in that way.
    I didn't understand it completely hehehe but maybe it IS what I want to do.
    I mean, on my new notebook traktor takes like 4 seconds to analyse a track, so I really wouldn't bother to analyse the same track everytime I need to play it.
    As I said, I won't use traktor to play at night clubs or parties or anywhere, I just use it because I have two cdj-200s which require CDs which are famous pain-in-the-ass to record hahahaha
    I play on CDJs when on night clubs or paties, and traktor is a good way for me to test the tracks which I edit at home (so much easier than CDJ-200s....)
    So you said something about deleting the data, maybe that is what I need
    Now the question is: Everytime I delete this data traktor will simply "forget" everything that I analysed before? (because that is what i want)

Thanks

I still don't think I'm quite understanding you.... I'm really trying to help but I'm getting extremely confused!!

Let's go back to the beginning. Talk us through the whole process you do.

For example:

1: Load track into Traktor.
    2: Copy track.
    3: Load new track into Trakor.

etc etc.

Another question.... why are you copying the tracks?? I'm guessing there's a specific reason for this, but I can't think what it would be!!

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Tech Guru

I still don't think I'm quite understanding you.... I'm really trying to help but I'm getting extremely confused!!

Let's go back to the beginning. Talk us through the whole process you do.

For example:

1: Load track into Traktor.
    2: Copy track.
    3: Load new track into Trakor.

etc etc.

Another question.... why are you copying the tracks?? I'm guessing there's a specific reason for this, but I can't think what it would be!!
    Well, I load a track, then I play it, then I realise I need to change its name, so I unload it, then change the name, than load it, then the name on traktor is still the same.
    Then I make a copy of the track (wondering it will make traktor assume is a different track) and change the name of it, and load it, and fot some reason traktor shows me the old name again hahahaha

When you say 'change the name' are you changing the filename or the tag name??? This definitely sounds like you just need to change the name in the tag of the file, rather than copying it. You can change the name directly in traktor if you need to! Right click the file in the browser, click properies (or something similar), and you should be able to edit it there. No need to copy files!

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast